Hello...I am new to PA message board.

YankeeRose
on 11/19/10 11:14 am - Meadville, PA
Just wanted to say hi. I am new to the PA message board. I have been trying to get weight loss surgery for the last 5-6 years. I had been living in TN and my insurance did not cover bariatric surgery. I am now living in PA and I have insurance that will cover it. Yay, finally!
I have my first appointment with my surgeon on Monday the 22nd.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

steffihope
on 11/19/10 11:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to the PA boards - we are always thrilled ot have new people to play with - Good luck with your appointment - hold tight for an amazing journey!  Looking forward to going through it with you!
Patricia R.
on 11/19/10 3:21 pm - Perry, MI
Hi and welcome to the best forum on oObesity Help, as well as to the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  You will find a ton of support here, as well as great friends.

Keep us posted on your journey.  We love to travel with each other through this journey.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 11/19/10 3:32 pm
Hello and Welcome to the PA Forum!

Congratulations on getting through the insurance mess! Where are you having it done?

There is a GREAT support group at Barix Clinics in Langhorne, PA ( that is right outside Philly). We meet the first Saturday and Third Wednesday of every month. I strongly suggest that you get into a support group somewhere if you are not close to Langhorne. Although I think our support group is THE BEST!!!! You will find having support from people who have been there or people that are going through it with you is so valuable!

You are not alone on this journey! We will be here to help you however we can!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Sansobel
on 11/19/10 7:42 pm - Coatesville, PA
Welcome to the boards.  You are in for an adventure!  Congrats on the insurance fix!!
Sandra           
IdaMae D.
on 11/19/10 10:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to PA and to the PA boards!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 11/19/10 11:04 pm
Welcome! We are eager to get to know you!

What part of PA are you in? If you are in central or eastern PA, it is well worth checking into the Barix support groups (pre op or post op, the groups are open).

If you are in another area, just let us know where you are....someone may very well know your hospital or doctor.

And besides, we are just the BEST board! You will make wonderful friends here!
dit657
on 11/19/10 11:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi there - just wanted to add my 2 cents worth and welcome you to our wonderful support site!! I have lurked on other sites and I know I'm biased but this is one of the most supportive, friendly and encouraging sites you will find - and even tho we haven't all met in person I feel that everyone out here is a true friend.

I'm so glad you found insurnace to help you with your journey - I'm sure you will have lots of questions and there is a wealth of knowledge on here and trust me, no subject is too personal to discuss with us!! So never be afraid to ask, or offer, advice.

Much success to you on your journey - welcome aboard!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
YankeeRose
on 11/20/10 12:12 am - Meadville, PA
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am currently living in Northwest PA. North of Pittsburgh and a little south of Erie. My surgeon is Dr. Myers out of Greenville (UPMC Horizon). I am originally from Pittsburgh but lived around 10 years in Erie before moving south to TN. I lived in TN for about 7 years (near Nashville). I am now back "home" and it is wonderful! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and to get started on this next phase of my life. I have heard many horror stories about weight loss surgery but I have heard many good things as well. I just feel this is the right decision for me. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Jayne
on 11/21/10 10:34 pm, edited 11/21/10 10:35 pm - Swiftwater, PA

Welcome to the PA Board from someone who used to live in MEadville!!!!! Actually, I attended college there.  I LOVE that town.  (I was born in Pittsburgh and lived in Erie for many years, too!)

Don't know anything about the doctor you mention......

Jayne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views