*****Thursday Roll Call*****

spazzdak
on 11/17/10 10:56 pm
 A friend told me once when I was dealing with a breakup with a friend that a person comes into your life for a Reason a Season or a Lifetime.  I hated hearing it, because I felt that she was a lifetime friend. For a while, we were on hiatus, not for any reason that had to do with us which was what was so painful. But, now we're great friends again and I believe that she is truly a lifetime friend.

I also have a friend that I thought was a lifer. We'd been inseparable since the first day of 7th grade...2 years ago she went loco...left her husband and left the area leaving me behind as well I guess. Oddly enough, she's in Philly. I think our little podunk town is too small for her and I'm too small town. I guess she's not a lifer after all. Or maybe some friends just go on breaks.

Mentally file her away and try not to expend too much more thought or energy on her. Apparently they aren't spending it on us. That's what helps me get through the day anyway.
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Lisa H.
on 11/17/10 9:34 pm - Whitehall, PA
Trish, you have been suffering so much lately.  I really hope you find relief.

Last night, Siehara and I took the women's self defense class.  We both really enjoyed it.  I am going to look into signing us both up for some sort of martial arts class.  

Today, I'm working til 3:30.  We'll go over to Sarah and David's where I will stay to watch the kids while Sarah takes Siehara and Daniel to Hebrew School.  David has to work, so I'll stay with Ethan and Judy. 

After Hebrew School, we will head to the gym for pilates class.

Tonight, I am getting a visit from my friend before he leaves to go to IN for a family funeral.  I'm looking forward to seeing him and spending time with him.

My tracker

hers 

spazzdak
on 11/17/10 10:49 pm
Have to say thanks for the tip on melatonin that I got from this post. I sleep so soundly and wake up so rested! Sierra and I take it and we describe it as getting 10 hours of sleep in 7-8. I got my dad taking it now and his usual 4 hours of sleep is feeling like more now too.

I spent the evening making Mary Kay deliveries and grocery shopping and dance pickups...whew!

Tonight, I cook. I sqw a great recipe on eggface with sandwich pepperoni that I'm going to try today. Can't wait!

Oh!!! and you've got to check out this blog! http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/search/label/black%20beans
She makes a lot of those great foods we can't typically eat with other sugar options. My 40th is coming up and I'll be asking for this cake to be made for me. YUM! Check out all her recipes! Even one for Easter time Cadbury type eggs that we can eat!

I'll be spending the afternoon listing on ebay. It's the buying season for the business I sell for. I've got a couple listings ending today so that'll put some $ in my pocket. That's always good.

Lastly, I'm trying to eradicate carbs from my life until Thanksgiving when I WILL eat a couple bites of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoe casserole...and a couple bites of stuffing.

Ok, this is lastly...what foods do you guys find...ummmmm...blocking? constipating? Ewww...sorry. I've been having serious issues lately! Like almost 2 weeks. Taking 3 colace a day. pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast and chili almost every day for one of those weeks. I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. Is it nuts? is it carbs? Is it decaf coffee? splenda? not enough water? I need advice on this one...I hate it. I ended up drinking half a bottle of mag citrate. This worked a bit. But, right back to the same ol/same ol.
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

pennykid
on 11/17/10 11:12 pm - PA
GM all!!

Trish---I hope you get relief from your pain!!

Today has me waiting for FedEx and then going to the lab for a drug test for work.  Yep, you heard me right---for work!!  I'm supposed to start on Nov 29.  It's a temp job, 3 months, but could get extended to a year.  And considering that my unemployment is going to end soon, I'm happy about the timing of this.  I'm going back to Pfizer, where I last worked.  They hired me without an interview because the supervisor knows the project I worked on.  I'll keep looking for something in case this does end in 3 months.

I'll also be doing some packing today.  We're doing a metal detecting weekend in NJ with a group of people.  One of the men we met at a club meeting is providing hotel rooms for all of us so he can use up his miles before the end of the year.  We'll be responsible for our meals, but we can't pass up an offer like this!!!

Have a great day, my friends!!  Peace and strength to all who are dealing with issues!!
Julia              
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/10 12:15 am
Still Morning so GOOD MORNING! 

In work and spoke to my AUnt she will be released tomorrow from teh hospital so I will take off of work to bring her home and get her setteld in at my house. I am looking forward to her healing well and then making her way back home. She is a fighter and strong. Love that woman to pieces.

Last night while Dennis was at Barix I hosted a 31 gift oarty with some friends and we had a nice time. Then once Dennis got home we got caught up on days events. I have to say that people to amaze me not always in a good way.

Today has me in work (today is my Friday) finsih up some stuff I am working on then make a few phone calls. Tonight I will visit my Aunt at the hospital come home then need to set up her bed in my dining room then set up our new bed. Then settle in for some tv then bed. 

Life is good!  
Cherish F.
on 11/18/10 12:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
Squeaking in a Good morning before noon!
After a couple of stressful days at work, today I am enjoying a clean desk. Most of management is out on the road so it will be a relaxing afternoon.
After work I am heading somewhere to do some kind of exercise. Either Zumba @ 6:30 or right to the gym after work for treadmill and weight training.
Then home.
Boring - I know.

In other news, the battery in my scale has died. I've decided to take this is a sign that I was becoming obsessive about weighing myself. So I will wait at least one month before I replace it. December 18th. I even set a reminder on my calender. I can do it. Right?

Have a great day guys.
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Sara E.
on 11/18/10 1:25 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
So weird...my scale broke just over a week ago.  I replaced the battery...but it was broke.  I am obsessed with the scale and bought a new one at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  It is the $29.99 Weigh****chers one that does all the fancy numbers...I love it.  Except it reads 2.7 pounds higher than my old scale....GRRRRR. 
So natuarally in my sick little head I now had 2.7 more pounds too lose. On my weight chart I had the first gain since  4/1/09.  That really ****** me off.  I know I didn't gain, but it feels like it.  I have lost 0.7 and am back to 139.  I really want to be back to 137 by the end of the year...but at a year out it comes off very slowly now.  My Dr and the plastics Dr both say I am done losing...but I want to hit 132 for no reason other than to have a normal BMI.  It is an unrealistic personal goal...I will hit it...eventually...just wait!
Good luck Cherish...I couldn't wait...

Sara

lynnc99
on 11/18/10 7:44 am
Sara you won't believe this...I just bought the WW scale at Costco and was delighted that it reads 2.5 lbs. LIGHTER than my old scale!

Sheesh!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views