*****Thursday Roll Call*****

jojobear98
on 11/17/10 9:02 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Hope things work out for your daughter. Moving is a big decision.

If she does move to York County, we will HAVE to meet up for lunch or dinner sometime. I promise we won't go anywhere near the Stauffer's Factory! LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

dit657
on 11/17/10 9:13 pm - Boothwyn, PA
You got it - and keep me away from Wolfgang's, too! This is a BAD time of year for me because it was always a 'tradition' that my sister and one of our bff's would take a day and go shopping in Lancaster, then trek out to York to get Xmas candy (Wolfgang's) and of course chocolate stars, then to the cemetary...I definitely need to get out there sometime during this holiday season since my mom is buried out there with dad now.

If Kim does come back she'll be out in the Dover area (I think) - I know she's so lonely for family and she really wants to come back - convincing her husband is going to be the hard part.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 11/17/10 9:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA - I am at school after a great night at Barix and a realtively good night sleep - of course, forgeting to change the alarm BACK to 6am in lieu of hte 5am that I had yesterday to take Josh to the airport put a bit of a damper on things, oh - and the darned dog barking to be let out from 3:30 - 4 until I finally got my butt out of bed to let her out....well....10-3:30 is pretty good right?!?!

I am struggling a bit right now. I am having some internal issues with a friend of mine who I feel has replaced me with others and I have not yet approached this person.  This is a friend who I really have connected with in the past and seemed to really want to talk with me and have a good time and as of late, there has been very little contact on their part.  If there is any conversation it is me making the first contact.  I also have come to find out that this person is going through some struggles themselves and it hurts me that I don't know about it even though I feel as though talking about it might help.  I guess it just makes me sad to know that through no fault of my own, this friendship might just have been a time and place where this person needed someone and now they don't.  Oh well.....Emotions just suck sometimes!

Today I am at school, then I have another date with myself at the pool this afternoon.  Dinner with Larry and the girls and then Emily has Girl Scouts tonight.  I have a ton of grading to do, so that will most likely take up most of my evening.

Have a great Thursday all!
bvohl
on 11/17/10 10:17 pm
Hi Steffi,

Of course it was nice to see you last night (especially when complimented me)!! Last nights meeting was definitely bittersweet! Dr. P speaking to us last night was a tear jerker! As Dennis said, we are always saying how much we appreciate our surgeons and what they have done for us, but we never realize what we have done for them. It was very obvious that we have touched her life as well! To see all of us succeeding makes all of her hard work seem worth it! I am so going to miss her and NO ONE will take her place in my heart!

As far as that "friend" goes, I have realized that the term is used much too loosely and often for people who obviously don't deserve it! You are a wonderful person and if this "friend" doesn't appreciate that then that is THEIR problem. Yes, you became emotionally attached to this friend as most of us do. Friendship has to be a two way street!! We always talk about "toxic" people in our lives and maybe this friend is not toxic, but maybe was not the friend you thought they were!
I take my friendships very seriously and put my all into them, but if it is not being returned then they have to go!! You know my situation with my friend that I had to cut all ties with after 30+ years of friendship!! IT STILL HURTS!!  You need to surround yourself with people who will be there for you as you are for them, through good times and bad! You know who your true friends are and we will be there for you.

Cheer up buttercup!
Your friend, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 11/17/10 10:19 pm - Whitehall, PA
YEAH, WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 11/17/10 10:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
And this is why I should not WAIT to come to you  people with dilemmas!  Thank you Beth - I truly appreciate your words and insight.  And you are right - maybe this person is toxic without meaning to be and I need to treat it as such.  It has been definitely hanging heavily on my mind for the last few weeks and has certainly been affecting my mood and I can not let it.  This person does not deserve the strength that is being drained from me.  I am the only one who can fix that!  Thank you again!  (And the complement last night was truly deserved!)
Lisa H.
on 11/17/10 10:51 pm - Whitehall, PA
Now LIVE IT!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 11/18/10 12:10 am
 You are so welcome!! Love ya friend!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cherish F.
on 11/18/10 12:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
Steffi – Your message made me tear up a little. Losing a friend is so much harder than I think some people realize, because what you are really losing is the trust you put into that friendship. And trust is something that should never be wasted or put aside so easily.   Beth – you nailed it exactly, and put it much more eloquently than I can.

One of the best things that has come out of my decision to have WLS has been the connections that I have made here on OH. I feel like you are all becoming my friends.
Thank you for that!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

pennykid
on 11/17/10 11:03 pm - PA
I'm sorry I missed the meeting and Dr. P last night.    Did she say when she's leaving?
Julia              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views