curiosity is killing me!

betheridge
on 11/16/10 10:41 pm - PA
Hello everyone I am 2-1/2 months out and am just very curious where everyone is at in THEIR 2-3 month journey??  Am I losing correctly am I in the right mind set, etc.  please compare notes with me I would appreciate it and think it would be fun.  Oh, by the way, my surgery was on Sept. 13, 2010 and I'm down 44 pounds.  Thanks a billion guys....Becky
Dennis Belk
on 11/16/10 11:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Becky,

I'm a bit farther out than you but I'm sure the young ones you're looking for will reply. Congrats on your journey and your progress! Continue to stay focused and stick to the program and your results will be grand. However, comparing your results with others of your surgery age may not tell you anything. Why you may ask? It's due to differences in gender, pre-surgery weight, co-morbidities and/or any drugs you may still take. Your post-op visits with your surgeon and nutritionist will tell you if you're on track OR doing even better.

With all that being said it is fun to share the weight loss with others, as long as you're losing. There are too many obstacles that may influence our commitment and performance. Hearing someone of your surgery age losing more, or a lot more than you, can cause you to question your journey. And it shouidn't. Your journey is yours' alone. Your weight to lose is yours' alone. Your health improvement is yours' alone. There are many things to share in our community and you can still correspond with friends here on the board, but just be sensitive to those "numbers". and that "scale". It can brighten your spirit, but it can also darken it. Stay the course and let nothing or no one deter you from it. This is a long journey that you work on one day at a time. Stay true and you'll do GREAT!

All the best,

Dennis 
SPatel4
on 11/17/10 4:53 am - Levittown, PA
Dennis,
We so need the LIKE button on OH. You truly are my hero. What you said will resonate with me forever that "My Journey is mine alone" The next time the number on the scale is not what I would like it to be. i will keep repeating that mantra and how well I have done so far. Thanks again for reminding me where I started and where I have stayed. Love ya! See you tonight for more inspiration!!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Dennis Belk
on 11/18/10 1:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Shilpa.
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/10 2:16 am
He maybe your hero but you know he loves you the same in return Shilpa! He always talks of you with a smile.
Cheryl.P
on 11/17/10 2:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
hey becky i don't think i ve seen you here before. congrats on going through with the surgery. i am six months out and agree with dennis. while i gladly tell strangers how much i've lost it isn't good to measure you success with someoneels' yard stick. just follow the plan, ignore the stalls,and enjoy getting smaller.  sometimes our loss stall but our bodies keep shrinking. so you can't alway judge by weight.

SPatel4
on 11/17/10 4:55 am - Levittown, PA
Becky,
Dennis is correct everyone is different and loses weight differently. I had lost 30lbs between my surgery date and my first 6 weeks visit. That is because I was unable to stomach much liquids or Protein Shakes which basically made me gag. I got thru it and hit many stalls in between but at almost 3 years out I am at my goal weight!! You will get there and talk to your doctor and nutritionist for a true picture of where you should be...

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Patricia R.
on 11/17/10 9:10 am - Perry, MI

Dennis is so right in his guidance.  The best advice I can share is something I learned in AA.  Compare yourself to yourself.  keep track of your starting weight and size, and keep track of where you are today, and in a month, etc.  I am four years out and I have not reached goal because of some obstacles I hit.  I could wallow in self-pity and self-depracation, because there are younger ones who are at goal and have had plastic surgery, but that would do me no good. 

Keep posting and sharing.  Get to support group meetings and keep track of your food and exercise.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 11/18/10 1:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Trish!

I so like those words, "compare yourself to yourself ".
swedeville1
on 11/17/10 9:12 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hey Becky!  I was a bit hesitant to reply for the reasons that Dennis and the others listed, but I also figured you said you were curious so here you go.  You can see my stats below.  I have lost a lot pretty quickly but I think there are reasons for that as well.  First off, I started my journey around 400 pounds and for the first couple of weeks out of surgery I was sick and in the hospital on either clear liquids or no liquids at all.  Im a guy and I think that generally guys lose a little faster than women.  Also, I had my surgery on 7-29-10 so Im a bit further out than you.  Having said all that let me also say that Im glad you posted here and I think you are doing an amazing job.  Keep it up!  Also, please post here as much as you can!  Join the family!  Keep successing my friend!

Swede
Ps. get a picture of yourself up so we can put a face to the name.  We like that!  LOL

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views