Been a long time...

Lisa H.
on 11/15/10 11:08 am - Pennsauken, NJ

Hi everyone. It's been WAY too long since I've been on here. I've decided I really need to reconnect with my support avenues, so here I am. Hope I haven't been away for so long that no one remembers me! ;) Or as I was told recently, I'm Hailey's mom...everyone knows Hailey. LOL

So...it's been a long and trying year. Most of you know about Hailey and the cir****tances of her birth. She is now 14 months old and amazes me every day. She is still behind in motor skills (not crawling, pulling to stand or walking yet, but can really scoot around on her butt!) and feeding (she is still getting 99% of her nutrition via the g-tube), but congnitively, she is at 18 months and above for most things!! My kid is SMART! I thank God for her every day and want to thank all of you who prayed for her while she spent 8 weeks in the hospital, and who continue to pray for her. I am absolutely sure that is why she is doing so well today. Prayers have gotten us through. Thank you all.

Me...I'm...ok. I don't eat right, I'm stressed a lot, and emotionally am up and down. I live day to day, one therapy or doctor appointment to the next. I get depressed because I'm not working, tho I know that Hailey needs me more. I know I need to pay more attention to myself in order to be able to take care of Hailey, which is one of the reasons I'm back here. I need to become accountable and I need the support. I have started to get out more, and I recently became a Thirty-One consultant, so I feel like I'm starting to belong in real life again.

Anyway, I am planning to be at Barix on Wednesday. Hope to see you there! And...shameless plug here...I'll bring my Thirty-One catalogs if anyone is interested in looking. I'm just starting out and could really use the help! LOL

Thanks for reading...

Lisa H.
lrosiak
on 11/15/10 7:29 pm - Factoryville, PA

Hello my love! It has been over 6 months since I've even been on this site, but I too have started to struggle lately and thought it was time to reconnect.  It was my 5th anniversary yesterday and I remember when we all remembered each other each month.  I miss that close bond with those who made such a difference in my life. 

I'm glad Hailey is doing so well, please post a picture of her as I feel I've missed so much already.  I have not talked to anyone is such a long time that I did not know how she was doing but you and her have been in my prayers often and I wondered how you were.

I do not know if I would have posted or just lurked had I not seen your posting, but I'm glad you are here and doing this for yourself.  Try to go back to planning ahead of time what your going to have including snacks.  The snacks are my killers as I tend to reach for the chips instead of the heathly things I do buy.  Let me know how you are doing.  I may try to come to Barix myself Wed. will have to work that out.  Love and miss you.

Lisa

Do the best you can today and try to do better tomorrow.
Lisa H.
on 11/16/10 3:49 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Oh Lisa...I have missed you so much!! I hope you can make it to Barix tomorrow! If not, we need to plan to get together! Love you lots!!
Dennis Belk
on 11/16/10 9:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Awwwwwwww Lisaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liz R.
on 11/15/10 8:11 pm - Easton, PA
Who are you?? LOL

Glad to see you around!

Hailey is SUPER smart and TOTALLY cute!!! Give her snuggles for me! Mia wants another play date!
Lisa H.
on 11/16/10 3:50 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Hahaha...funny girl you are! Yeah, Hailey is being much less of a brute lately, so definitely another playdate is needed! LOL
Liz R.
on 11/17/10 8:22 pm - Easton, PA
Ha! And Amelia is becoming more of a brute - she can hold her own now :)
Lisa H.
on 11/15/10 8:13 pm - Whitehall, PA
Do I know you?  You seem to have the same name as I do... LOL

Glad to see you back and posting.  I hope you stick around and get the support you need.  We are all here for you in any way you need us. 

I did read your email, by the way, and am here for you re: that, as well.  I just didn't reply.  I'm a bad friend sometimes.   Just come kick my ass and I'll fix that!!

Love you and am pulling for you and Hailey in all ways!

My tracker

hers 

Lisa H.
on 11/16/10 3:51 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Lisa H.? Isn't that me? I'm confused. LOL

Thx for everything. And I'll definitely come kick your ass! :-)
Patricia R.
on 11/15/10 8:19 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Lisa,
I have been keeping up with your journey with Hailey, and praise God for her progress, and your diligence with her.  She is a darling,a nd you are a great mom.

I struggle with the food as well, and have been lax in following my food plan.  I have no excuses, and just laziness and impulsivity are my huge character defects.

Thanks for reminding me that this is Barix post-op week.  I have been lax in attending face to face support for my surgery as well.  I get to my AA meetings, but slack off in attending Barix meetings. 

I am not familiar with Thirty One.  I will gladly look at their stuff.  I am now selling Avon, and do it mostly for the discount for myself, but would like to make some part time money as well. 

Hopefully I will get to Barix this week.  I have no excuse, I live ten minutes from there.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views