Dr. P Leaving?? Am I out of the loop??

dit657
on 11/12/10 6:28 am - Boothwyn, PA
Even tho Dr P wasn't my surgeon at Barix I am really sad to hear she is leaving. I know from this board how much she means to all of you.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cheryl.P
on 11/12/10 6:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
when is she leaving? is that why the other dr  (lisa something) was at the support group meeting on saturday?
bvohl
on 11/12/10 9:16 am
I think sometime in December. I didn't put two and two together with the new dr coming in....but now it makes sense.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lauraanne715
on 11/12/10 9:27 am - Pottstown, PA
AHHHH! No!!!!! So sad... :-(

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Maura M.
on 11/12/10 2:37 pm - Yardley, PA
Devastating, just devastating. 

I really want to see her for my one year on December 15th!  I really hope I can get in with her. will have to call first thing tomorrow.  Am very saddened by this.

What can we do to let her know how much we love her?

We need to come up with something....
Maura

Laureen S.
on 11/12/10 9:19 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
I was supposed to have my annual check up on the 23rd of November, but they called to try and reschedule it, but I was at work and could not speak with them, wonder if I will be able to get in to see her before she leaves. . .

At least Doctor's Brader and Marymoor are not far away, heck, why Kentucy?  Sheesh I think that is the downside of Barix, the fact that they don't keep their surgeons long-term, this, I think, is the 3rd surgeon since 2006 that is gone.  From my understanding of others who've gone down this road, it is very hard to find another bariatric surgeon willing to pick up another's patient, ie, if you move away.  While I like my pc, I feel more comfortable going to a bariatric surgeon, who knows exactly what to look at when dealing with my check-ups. . .  ok, enough said on this subject for me.  Thanks for listening

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

LindaScrip
on 11/13/10 3:47 am
This is probably the only time where I will get away with saying this.  THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!  And I know everyone understands why I said that.  Road trip.  I can fit 8 in my SUV. Kentucky or bust!  Wonder how long it takes to drive there?
IdaMae D.
on 11/13/10 10:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
The last road trip Gene and I took to Kentucky on the Harley it was approx. 12 1/2 hrs to get from our house to about the middle of Kentucky.

IdaMae

pennykid
on 11/13/10 8:40 am - PA
That just plain sucks!!!  I called earlier this week to schedule an appointment with her and am supposed to see her on Dec. 7.  They didn't tell me she's leaving.  Sooo not happy!!!  Especially since I'm having an issue and was hoping she'd be able to help me.  (I see my PCP on Monday as a first step.)  I'm in on that road trip to Kentucky!!!  She can block out one day a year for all of her PA patients!!!
Julia              
lynnc99
on 11/14/10 6:53 am
I am shocked and SO sad to hear this news!

What part of KY I wonder?

I also wonder if Dr. Brader will take patients for follow up since he is now closer to me. This is a major issue for those of us who have counted on her....it seems as if she should send a letter to patients explaining what is going on.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views