Thrilling Thurday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 11/10/10 1:36 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I stay up late to watch Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.  Colbert had Martha Stewart on his show and was making the most disgusting snacks, it was hysterical. 

Thursday has me heading back to the gym to try the elliptical again.  I want to do 10 minutes in the worst way.  I can remember when I was able to do 30 minutes without thinking about it.  Now, I feel like a weak kitten.

I  also have an appointment with my ENT doc to follow up on my sinus infections.  I hate those darn things. 

Finally, I will be attending my Bible Study in the evening.  It is a good one.  Beth Moore, "Breaking Free."  It is helping me free myself of old habits and thought pattenrs.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jojobear98
on 11/10/10 2:54 pm - Gettysburg, PA

Good Morning!

I am at work, and feeling like crap. I have been having a sharp pain on my left side. It's getting worse and not subsiding. Ugh.

Plan is to get off work at 6:30 am, then go home and sleep. I am tired and hope to get a good rest.

Have a great day!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Nicole0216
on 11/10/10 6:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good morning all. Yesterday was a long day but a good day. It is weird how life entertwines and what a small world it is.  But I have a childhood friend who lives in philly, and we met back up when I lived there. She and her husband are attorneys and own their own law firm. When I lived in Philly with my ex husband and 3 step kids, the oldest Liz turned 16 and was looking for a job, so I asked my friend if she was hiring and she said yes a receptionist and she would be happy to bring her on. I told my friend that I wanted her to see a different way to live, not close minded, provencial living that she was getting exposed to, I wanted her to see what it was like tobe around worldy educated people. 8 years later Liz and my friend are still very close, she has gone on to get her paralegal is working in a law firm and is finishing up her bachelors. Her father and I have since divorced and she and I dont have alot of contact because " I hurt her dad by leaving" who could blame her?  All this to say, that my friend sent me a message yesterday to tell me that she and Liz we having coffee to discuss life after college, what does she want to do does she want to go to Grad school etc. She told me I want you to know that, even though you and she do not have a relationship anymore due to Bobby, I can see your influence in her life, I can see that you set her up to believe that there is more, and that she can have a different life, and she is living that dream. She said I can see your influence in her life still and I wanted to let you know I am proud of you and grateful she had you in her life if only for 10 years because it made a difference.

This was huge for me. So much guilt over the whole relationship and then divorce. I always tried to do right by those kids but being a step mom in a hostile situation is a thankless job.  We lost stephen this year but i am so glad to see that Liz is making a life for herself, and that Matthew has gone to shippensburg maybe just maybe it was worth it, 

I know this is long and I dont normally post like this but I wanted to share because you are my family and to show that you never know what kind of rainbow can come out of a tornado, 

Love you all
Lisa H.
on 11/10/10 7:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
I'm glad you were able to find this out, Nicole.  You play a powerful role in many people's lives and I know it felt great for you to know that you have/had a positive influence in Liz's life. 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 11/10/10 7:44 pm - Easton, PA
I am so glad to hear that you touched Liz's life. You are an amazingly positive influence!
Patricia R.
on 11/10/10 8:16 pm - Perry, MI
Nicole,
I am glad you were able to get that feedback on Liz.  Believe me, you do make a difference in people's lives, as you inspire me constantly.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 11/10/10 8:40 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole,

I remember when your stepson died and the anguish you felt in not being able to attend the services becuase of how the relationship with the father ended. ..  being a stepparent certainly has a connotation that is generally not a good one, yet countless families are that way today and I, myself, even under the cir****tances of what transpired in my own marriage, am forever grateful to the woman who co-parented my children, to the point that I consider her a sister (our mutual ex is on his 4th marriage, though he was married to her for the longest) and she, because she is disabled and does not work, came from Florida when I had my surgery 3 years ago, just in case I needed assistance. . .  my son gave her a terrible time, but luckily, today things are different, he grew up. . . 

I am happy that your friend took the time to validate all the good that you put into those children, even though their loyalty took them from you.  I know validation, while they say we need to self validate, is always something that helps heal us. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Decolady
on 11/10/10 8:52 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Nicole, thank you for posting this, gives a warm feeling to all us stepmoms!  I love that you received this feedback, good for you.
dit657
on 11/11/10 12:23 am - Boothwyn, PA
I am so happy for you that something so positive has come out of that relationship - and happy that your friend took the time to let you know just how much you touched that child's life. Maybe someday she will see that as well,

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
kgoeller
on 11/11/10 1:08 am - Doylestown, PA
Nicole,

There's a powerful, powerful message in this... it's a reminder of how many lives we touch and the lasting impacts we can have (for good OR bad) long after that person has moved on from us.  It's a reminder of the responsibility we have to ensure that our effects on others remain positive and empowering, and that even when we feel we haven't achieved all we may want to, or when someone looks like they're going "their own way" despite our influence, our influence is still there.

That you saw the opportunity as one to expose her to a different way of life speaks volumes and I know that this will bring you some very positive and well-deserved closure.  Perhaps someday you and she can re-establish a relationship of some type on completely different footing. 

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views