Prayer Request

jastypes
on 11/9/10 4:54 am - Croydon, PA
I know it may seem silly to ask for prayers for our cat, but she apparently needs them.  She swallowed a length of fishing line.  It is coming out of her, but could still cause an intestinal obstruction.  The doctor said it will either pass or she'll require surgery.  $1,000 surgery is simply not an option for me right now.  Blink is my daughter, Sheila's only pet, and Sheila is already struggling with severe depression, anxiety and cutting.  She could really use a good outcome on this one. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

IdaMae D.
on 11/9/10 4:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
Sending prayers to Blink, Sheila, you, and the rest of your family.  I have been through the death of a cat with my daughter who also struggles with cutting.  I understand where you are with this.

Ida

IdaMae

FlourPower
on 11/9/10 5:05 am - PA
It's not silly....it's sweet...LOL!!  I love my critters and I have had my cats eat odd things...like the string that goes around a pork roast.....that was NASTY!!!!

I'll pray for your cat ......it's not silly...and I can TOTALLY understand your love for your animals and the fact that you don't have the $$ for this emergency...I've been there !!

[

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/10 5:09 am
Sending prayers. xoxo
kgoeller
on 11/9/10 5:58 am - Doylestown, PA
Sending all good energy your way... cats (and our other furry companions) are part of our lives, not inanimate objects.  They give and receive love and affection and are deserving of our respect and love.  Nothing at all silly about that.

I've been through that with a cat (a young one) and it was a difficult, nasty process.  We've learned to be paranoid about dental floss, rubber bands, package ribbons, tinsel, etc. In his case, it was the thread off the edge of a bath towel that was starting to unravel... He recovered, it took me 3 years to pay off the surgery bill.  Not a fun experience from ANY angle.

K.
Jayne
on 11/9/10 6:01 am - Swiftwater, PA
Prayers from us, too.....

ask you veet if there is a low cost vet clinic around.... I've heard of a few up by me for things such as spay/neuter.

Care Credit might also be an option... some vets take it.
jackie j
on 11/9/10 7:16 am - Glenmoore, PA
Yikes, hoping Blink passing her fishing line soon.   Also hope Sheila's struggles become lighter. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

bvohl
on 11/9/10 10:12 am
Jill,

You are not being silly! Animals are like children to us. I have had an animal pretty much my whole life, dogs and cats, more cats though. When they are sick, you worry about them just like your human children, sometimes more because their only form of communication is "meow" or "ruff"....

Prayers out to Blink for a speedy recovery!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Maura M.
on 11/9/10 11:36 am - Yardley, PA
Since Mark and I do not have kids, when we refer to our boys, we mean our little fur children.  Am hoping that all "passes" without an issue.

Maura

Pam Hart
on 11/9/10 12:47 pm - Easton, PA
You got it
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views