Failing to Plan

jastypes
on 11/7/10 10:19 pm - Croydon, PA
I learned that not having a daily plan does not work for me.  I cannot eat successfully (at least not at this point) without having a food plan for the day.  I need to create a food plan the night before, so I know what I am eating when I wake up in the morning.  It is simply what I need to do.

Today's Plan:
B - 1/2 bagel, HB egg
S - apple/cheese
L - smart ones
S - cup of soup
D - peanut butter on a slice of toast
S - 1/2 chicken sandwich

I'm running my daughter to therapy tonight in NJ, so dinner has to be FAST and I'm out of protein shakes.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/7/10 10:21 pm

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

dit657
on 11/7/10 11:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Having a plan definitely helps, altho my plan for today isn't the greatest it is a plan.

B:  Sausage & egg burrito
S:  Lo-fat cottage cheese & sf mixed fruit
L:  Salad & 2 pcs of leftover chicken quesidilla
S:  Apple with peanut butter
D:  Baked ziti and salad
S:  Orange (trying this at home since I'm not sure if I'll dump on it or not)

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jastypes
on 11/8/10 3:03 am - Croydon, PA
When you have something like baked ziti, do you measure out a particular portion or eat until you feel full?

Blessings, Jill

dit657
on 11/8/10 3:09 am - Boothwyn, PA
I measure out about 1/2 cup and have a small salad with it - I'm pretty satisfied with that, plus I use a lot of ground beef in my ziti so I try to scoop more of that than the noodles.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 11/7/10 11:17 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
B:  Eggbeater omlet, made with equivalent of 2 eggs and some goat cheese
S:  Yogurt and piece of banana nut bread
L:  Pea soup and salad made with romaine, tomatoe, sprinkling of cheese and pecans/Kens Fat Free Pecan Raspberry dressing
S:  Popcorn
D:  Chicken and broccoli
S:  Apple w/small piece of banana nut bread

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 11/8/10 3:04 am - Croydon, PA

When you eat something like chicken and broccoli, do you measure out a particular portion, or eat until you feel full/satisfied?

Blessings, Jill

Laureen S.
on 11/9/10 9:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
I don't measure out anymore, as my eye is accustomed to smaller portion sizes and I use a small dish to eat my food off of.  I generally eat two to three slices of chicken, or one thigh and about 4 tablespoons of broccoli

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Shannon O.
on 11/8/10 2:19 am - Reading, PA

B: 1/2 a container of yogurt, 1.2 oz of roasted pork on a piece of lettuce

S: sugar free oatmeal

L: 2/3 of a cup of roasted pork with 1/2 oz of moz cheese melted on top on lettuce boats (as lore calls them)

S: yogurt

D: homemade chili

kgoeller
on 11/8/10 3:25 am - Doylestown, PA
Jill,

I totally agree with you - it's why my evening routine includes deciding on my food for the next day, packing it into its containers, and then getting my gym bag set up with the next day's clothes.  Removes two pretty powerful excuses for not getting to the gym and/or not eating right.  I use portioned containers for pretty much everything (and what isn't is measured or weighed).

Today:
M1:  Muscle milk and cheerios
M2:  Activia yogurt
M3:  Tandoori chicken (home-cooked), whole wheat LF tortilla, greek yogurt and red onions
M4:  Apple and cheese stick
M5:  Sashimi at Wegmans (probably)

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views