What a difference a drink makes! Ty

Mary B.
on 11/8/10 12:28 am
Im pre-op and I just cut my sugary drinks from a ton, to alot to one a day. Ive been drink more water than a camel can hold and I must say.... Its made such a difference!

I lost 4 pounds in the last week or so, and I honestly dont want them anymore, SHOCKING! Im so proud of myself :)  But I have to thank everyone on here that had something encouraging or insightful to say to me a week ago.  Especially Miss kgoeller. Thank you Karen, your post really helped me the most.
Holly317
on 11/8/10 12:49 am
 That is Fabulous!!! You should be proud =) So happy for you <3

-Holly
Maura M.
on 11/8/10 3:57 am - Yardley, PA
so, when are you going to update your avi darling??  This is not you anymore :)
Maura

Holly317
on 11/8/10 12:43 pm
 HAHAHA.. I hadn't even thought of it =) I should work on that <3
jackie j
on 11/9/10 7:26 am - Glenmoore, PA
I think you should use the costume from Maura's as your avi.   Saw it on FB.   You looked soooo cute!   I met you at a Barix meeting a while back and I was really excited for you and the changes I saw in Maura's pics. You have done awesome and really rocked your surgery.  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Sara E.
on 11/8/10 1:37 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I agree Karen has given me fantastic words of wisdom also.  In fact many posters have helped me out on this journey.  We are all here for each other.  Thanks everyone for always being there.

Sara

bvohl
on 11/8/10 1:46 am
AWESOME!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 11/8/10 1:47 am - Boothwyn, PA
Even diet drinks can sabotage you - I remember hearing Richard Simmons say one time that he finally cut out diet soda and lost 10-15 pounds - the sodium was a killer. Plus if you're having gastric bypass the bubbles will NOT be your friend. You're doing great and water will be your best friend from now on - keeps you hydrated, your skin healthy, your potty issues from being REAL potty issues, and is just plain good for you.

We're all here for each other on this journey and you will be helping others along before you know it. Sounds like you're off to a great start!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
kgoeller
on 11/8/10 2:26 am - Doylestown, PA
Mary,

I'm so glad my post helped you... it's all part of the learning and sharing process.  Just keep in mind that all the work you can do before surgery will make the surgery and your adaptation to your new life that much easier!

Karen
Maura M.
on 11/8/10 3:58 am - Yardley, PA
That is awesome Mary - keep up the good work!!  (and p.s. - we love Karen too :) )

I have 0 interest in soda - and am almost 11 months post op..
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views