PROTIEN SHAKES....

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 12:11 pm - Poconos, PA
Have you ever tried Muscle Milk Light? I'm a professional puker and it's the only one that doesn't make me want to hurl. I love the vanilla because it's very versatile and you can make a load of different flavors just by adding fruits, sugar free syrups etc to it...The chocolate and the chocolate peanut butter are very tasty as well. The light comes in 11 different flavors.

http://www.cytosport.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=21

Just a tip....I always try to buy any new protein powders I want to try from GNC because if it turns out that you don't like it, they will refund you the entire cost, opened or not, used or not. I think I remember someone saying that Vitamin Shoppe and Vitamin World also do this but I'm not sure. I also like buying from GNC because they put their protein powders on clearance when they get to within a certain number of months of the expiration date so if you keep your eyes peeled, you can get them dirt cheap. I've bought full size containers of MML for less than $8.50 and I've never had an issue with them expiring because they're always finished well before the expiration date comes along.

wetdog100
on 2/12/09 1:59 pm - Medford, OR
Thanks guys for the tips. I can't do milk since my surgery. I think i am lactose intolorant.

Valerie,
Where do you get the Muscle Milk Light?

SHARON

SHARON

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 5:15 pm - Poconos, PA
I think most if not all protein powders including the Muscle Milk Light can be made with either water or milk...There is definitely a difference in the way it tastes though depending on which you use and I much prefer them when they're made with milk. They also sell ready to drink containers of MML but there is also a taste difference with those as well and it's not very good in my opinion.

If you want to PM me your address, I am more than happy to send you some MML to try so you don't have to buy full containers. I have plenty of the vanilla, the chocolate and the chocolate peanut butter powders and don't mind sharing any or all of them with you.. If you would rather just buy it yourself than as I said earlier,  I normally buy it from GNC because of the return policy and the sales but I've also seen it in Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World, some but not all Walmart and/or Target stores.
Pam Hart
on 2/12/09 6:20 pm - Easton, PA
Lactose intolerance is common after surgery.

Have you tried soy milk or lactaid milk?  That might do better for you and help with texture/taste on things

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 7:01 pm - Eastern, PA
I am going through some yummy cookies/cream protein that Cheryl was nice enough to share when she was sick of it, but I typically use the Body Fortress stuff from Wal-Mart.

It's cheap, my body processes it well, and I like the taste of it.

I mix it with milk. If milk gives you trouble, try Light soy milk.
Liz R.
on 2/12/09 8:37 pm - Easton, PA
I too am now lactose intolerant. My favorite is chocolate protein powder, you can even use slim fast - I have on occasion, 1 scoop, 8oz soy milk and a frozen banana all blended together tastes just like a milkshake!

Early out I lived on the nectar fuzzy navel mixed with orange juice and the nectar cappuccino mixes with soy milk.

You can also add small amounts of protein powder to pudding or yogurt. Ricotta is great too, you can add it to protein shakes (Nan does this I believe) to thicken them and keep them in the pouch longer. Ricotta has about 7 grams of protein in 1/4 cup depending on the brand.

Frozen fruits are great to add to vanilla protein powder, or unflavored protein, as are yogurt, toss in some greek yogurt, soy milk, a few frozen berries and vanilla protein powder - YUMMY!

Hope this helps!

Liz
R K.
on 2/12/09 9:30 pm
Right now Walmart has the best buy on a whey protein. It`s too much protein at one shot so best if cut in half. Like 50 grams per. 19 bucks for over a month.

Comes in Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry. Runs between 15 and 20 bucks.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1032240 4
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
peggy76
on 2/12/09 11:38 pm - girardville, PA
 yeh body fortress whey protien..(wal-mart) is the only thing gettin me through this liquid diet..  we picked up cookies & creame flavor.. i make it an add instant decaf coffe to it with warm skim milk an it honestly tastes like oreo cookies an coffee.. YUMO!

tammypa
on 2/12/09 11:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi,
I love the Syntrax Nectar proteins.
I use the strawberry and add Wylers wild strawberry to it.
I use the lemonade and add Targets strawberry lemonade or Crystal Light orange.
Hope this helps you.
Tammy
doreen513
on 2/20/09 11:32 pm - PA
Here are some that I have.  Use your imagination and mix things up!!!

8 oz skim milk
8 oz Crystal Lite Orange (sugar free Tang is even better, if you can find it.)
2 scoops whey vanilla (contains 60g protein) purchased at Walmart.
BLEND WELL.
Chill a tray of orange ice cubes.
Either drink (or nurse )4 oz ever few hours, or nurse an 8 oz glass half the day, and the other, the second half. The orange ice cubes help keep the taste going, and it really takes like an orange smoothie.

I'm sure other Crystal Lite Flavors would substitute well, like Strawberry.

Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

-2 scoops of vanilla Myocel or vanilla protein powder of your choice
-4 ounces skim milk
-4 frozen strawberries
-1/4 cup sugar free, fat free jello Cheesecake pudding

Add all ingredients (protein powder last) in blender or smoothie machine and blend until smooth!!!

Cherry Vanilla
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
4-5 maraschino cherries
2 scoops low carb vanilla ice cream
1 cup cherry sugar free kool-aid
Mix in blender until smooth

Strawberry-Lemonade
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup sugar free lemonade kool-aid
4-5 frozen strawberries
4-5 ice cubes
Mix in blender until smooth

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tbs. peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
2 handfuls ice
Blend thoroughly

Peach and Strawberry Yummy
3 slices frozen peaches (or 1/2 frozen banana)
3 good sized frozen strawberries
1/4 - 1/2 cup water
1 packets Splenda
1 rounded Vanilla protein powder
Blend  

If you use frozen strawberries it makes the shakes thicker, if fresh strawberries are used, it is thinner.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1878 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1971 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2657 views