PROTIEN SHAKES....

wetdog100
on 2/12/09 11:17 am - Medford, OR

Hey Guys,

I need some new ideas for protien shakes. Can anyone help?

SHARON

Pam Hart
on 2/12/09 11:28 am - Easton, PA
I don't know what you have been using....

I liked Nectar Cappuchino flavor protein + Chocolate NSA Carnation Instant Breakfast + Milk  I would either blend it with ice in a blender for a mocha cappuchino shake or heat it very mildly in the microwave for an evening mocha cappuchino warm drink

Vanilla protein powder + OJ is supposed to taste similar to a creamsicle like flavor

I also used unflavored protein powder and would use milk and fruit all blended up - I would use frozen fruit to make it thicker

I once heard of someone adding ricotta cheese to their protein shakes to add protein and thicken them up as well.

I think Liz used to make one with chocolate and a frozen banana....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
wetdog100
on 2/12/09 11:46 am - Medford, OR
Pam,

Thank you so much for the info. I want to get back into drinking protien shakes. I will give them a try.

Sharon

p.s. Milk doesn't bother your stomach??

SHARON

-Da Dream-
on 2/12/09 12:01 pm - Golden State, CA

at GNC they have isopours, powder and liquid, I also drink odwalla super protein drinks, and bolt house protein drinks.
they have different flavors.

Pam Hart
on 2/12/09 12:01 pm, edited 2/12/09 5:37 pm - Easton, PA
No, I have no problems drinking milk.  I don't like the taste of it plain, but I have been like that since well before surgery.

Oh - I also like the EAS premade protein shakes.  They come in single serving size.  I think something like 12 or 16 ounces has 42gm of protein.  The strawberry and vanilla are my favorite.  The chocolate is a *****alky for me and the cookies and cream are ok...but definately not my favorite.  I have found them at Giant as well as Stop and Shop (in NJ), and Wegmans.  I haven't looked other places for them.  If I remember correctly - there is one version with more sugar than the other - just read the packages - it's been awhile since I have bought them.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 5:38 pm - Poconos, PA
"Vanilla protein powder + OJ is supposed to taste similar to a creamsicle like flavor"

Have I been living under a rock all these years? I never heard of or even thought to do that. It sounds awesome and if I could drink OJ I would definitely give it a try but OJ and I don't get along very well. It does very bad things to me. I wonder how it would be though if I used that Orange Sunrise or Morning Sunrise Crystal Light? I forget what it's called exactly but have you ever tried that? I'm guessing it would be pretty close to tasting the same.
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 6:59 pm - Eastern, PA
Ever try the "light" oj that's mostly water with a little bit of juice and artificial sweetner?

Might work bettr for you!
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/09 9:18 pm - Poconos, PA
I didn't even know they made "light" OJ...Dear god!! What the heck else am I missing out on??!!
Pam Hart
on 2/13/09 12:13 am - Easton, PA
I didn't know about the "light" oj either....but I would be careful in your position with even that....the acidity might be a bit to much for your pouch and ulcers at this stage in the game.

The crystal light might work well, though, and yes, I know which one you are talking about....morning sunrise or whatever it is called.

I actually haven't tried either concoction - but it does sound yummy.

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 1:02 am - Poconos, PA
Noooooooo, I'm not even thinking about touching any sort of OJ right now...I know how acidic it is and I'm not taking any chances...I wanted to do the ricotta and tomato sauce the other day and backed down from that too because I was afraid of the sauce.

I have a very long list of food fears right now but my biggest one is spinach because I'm soooo scared it will clump up and get stuck in those diverticular pocket thingy's and it's killing me because I would eat it by the drum full if I could. I love it!!

Thanks for looking out for me though!! It's very much appreciated!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1878 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1971 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2657 views