Liz's Best Brownies Ever - As promised - repost!

Liz R.
on 1/20/09 8:31 pm - Easton, PA
I did adapt / tweak this from my Aunt's recipe called "Best Brownies Ever" so I shall simply call them Liz's Best Brownies Ever (creative I know)

6 T smart balance Margarine ( I would assume you can use another vegetable oil based spread but this is my favorite)
3 ounces sugar free chocolate chips
3 ounces unsweetened (bakers) chocolate
1/2 cup diabetisweet sugar
1/2 cup diabetisweet brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a small saucepan (I use a non-stick frying pan for easy clean-up) melt margarine and chocolates. Meanwhile in a bowl combine remaining ingredients. Pour chocolate over and mix thouroughly. DO NOT OVERMIX! you just want it combined.'

line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour mix into pan. Top with nuts if desired. I used Pecans and they toasted up really nicely and were super yummy! Bake for 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack (IN PAN) until completely cool, put in the refrigerator for several hours. Remove brownies from pan by inverting onto a cutting board. Cut into 2" squares. You can also make these in mini muffin cups - bake for 12-15 minutes.

Now as a true indulgence I would enjoy these with a small scoop of sugar free ice cream.

Hope you guys enjoy as much as I do!

Liz
jojobear98
on 1/20/09 8:45 pm - Gettysburg, PA
These sound so good. But I love to cook, not bake! If I can't mix water and a few eggs with the mix, it doesn't get made! LOL

I think you should look into a "pre-mix" of this for us "non-Betty Crocker" types!  !!!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Liz R.
on 1/20/09 8:57 pm - Easton, PA
Jo this really is that easy though! Melting the chocolate is the hardest part and you can do that in the microwave!
jojobear98
on 1/20/09 9:38 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I may get creative and try it this weekend. My boys love to bake stuff and in the winter, it gives us something constructive to do when they can't go outside.

So maybe I will give it a try.

Nicole0216
on 1/20/09 11:05 pm - Lancaster, PA
these brownies made me want to weep.
Liz R.
on 1/20/09 11:12 pm - Easton, PA
Forgot to add that you can add in nuts or top with nuts if you'd like - personally I LOVE putting pecans on top so they get all toasted and yummy! OK I might have to make another batch.... maybe I should just bake them and ship them out to everyone! lol

Liz

PS - I would do that too if you wanted! :) For you Jo - well for the baby! lol we know he wants brownies!! lol
jojobear98
on 1/20/09 11:29 pm - Gettysburg, PA
That is VERY sweet of you and Jantzen would love that, but maybe if mommy tried to make them herself, he would be appreciative! LOL.

Since I have to go to the store to get things to make bread pudding, I may pick up some things to make the brownies. Can you use spenda? I don't think I can get the diabitisweet at my local store.

If you don't know, I may just "try" it with splenda and let you know...........YIKES. Me experimenting with baking is scary!

Liz R.
on 1/20/09 11:33 pm - Easton, PA
You can use splenda - just use the full amount (brown and white sugars combined) I have made them that way before and they are still good - the texture is just a bit different. Hard to explain - they are almost more cakey then fudgey.

Baby and kids alike will love them!!! Your b/f (don't think he is a hubby - but sorry if he is) might even like them too! Chris does!

Liz
jojobear98
on 1/21/09 12:26 am - Gettysburg, PA
Ha, BF is a trash heap and luckily eats anything I make. And always says how wonderful it tastes. Even if I know better........LOL

I prefer fudge-like brownies but will take a cake-like texture over nothing. I can eat sugar and splurge or certain things but brownies will make me dump no matter what. Even the tiniest bite. So this may be my ticket!!!!!!!!!!

bubble273
on 1/21/09 12:37 am - Levittown, PA
BLESS YOU, Liz, my darling!!!!  My mouth has been watering since last Saturday for these brownies.  I was soooooooooooooo mad....I left my goodie plate at your house.  If I had driven myself that day, I would have totally turned around to get my plate of goodies :)

Thanks again for posting this!!!  I have been telling EVERYONE in my family about them.  I think I had them drooling :)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views