My online dating waste of time...

CherylT
on 1/18/09 11:35 pm - Perkasie, PA
So last night I was getting along pretty well chatting online with this guy, he likes my pics and so forth, and he gives me his number to call him so we can see how we get along on the phone, right?.

I call him. Big mistake.

We were getting along fine until I told him I had lost 187 pounds and I had had wls. He says, " So do you even have an ass?"

I may never call a dude again...lol.

tammypa
on 1/18/09 11:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Cheryl,
Sounds to me like you found an ass.

Tammy

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/09 4:48 am
Cheryl ...

Dating is not easy at all no matter how you meet someone via internet,blind date,bar, church or the suprermarket. It is a process at times to weed through the garden to find the right flower. 

Yet give it time and trust your instinct on it when meeting someone new. Make a first date in a public place where someone knows you will be give it an hour for drinks and conversation. If things are going well you can extend the time but if you are not feeling it with that person if you set an arranged time you have your way out at the end of the time. 

In getting advise from my friends about the whole dating and when to tell someone we had surgery has been a huge debate amoung my friends both Non WLS and WLS on when do you need to share that information about our surgery. We came up with vaild points for both sides of the topic.

I went through the internet dating recently met a few nice people and a few jerks but when I least expected it I found someone that makes me happier then I have ever been in my life with anyone in the last few weeks. He turned out to be right in front of me for months I just never saw it coming. For me I hope the days will be in the past of dating but I wish you all the best of luck in finding the one that makes your heart skip a beat.

In the mean time have fun and enjoy the process.

**hugs**
CherylT
on 1/18/09 11:41 pm - Perkasie, PA
omg! LOL!

Liz R.
on 1/18/09 11:46 pm - Easton, PA
Like Tammy said I think that you found one! Now you just have to put your foot in it! JERK!!
sbrunell
on 1/18/09 11:46 pm - Bensalem, PA
 You would know from the tone, but could he just be suffering from Foot in Mouth Disease. 

I don't have the affliction, but it does flair up from time to time.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/09 12:12 am
Tammy sums it up ..you got an ass when you dialed the phone!
Arlene E.
on 1/19/09 1:16 am - Philadelphia, PA

Cheryl

I am laughing and laughing - sorry, but I can totally relate.  I've had terrible online dating experiences.  It has been a big waste of time.  Some act totally interested, chatting on line and on phone, then don't want to meet.  Others are just crude.  HELP!

arlene 

jackie j
on 1/19/09 1:17 am - Glenmoore, PA
I once had a guy (who had also seen my pics) say to me once we moved onto phone chatting...."so, just how fat areyou??   Will I have to butter up my doorjams to get you through???"   Jackass me, I laughed (as I always did at myself) and then "dated" this jerk off and on for a year and a half (never in public though).  That's what low self-esteem does to a girl; you settle.   You are a Princess.   Treat yourself as such and kick this court jester to the curb!!!.....

I did eventually meet my Prince via the internet (and most of the girls I work with did the same) so just keep at it, it gets way easier to filter out the duds quickly.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

jojobear98
on 1/19/09 1:27 am - Gettysburg, PA
Oh my. I can totally relate to that story. And some of the others. But I have to say whether you look for dates online or other sources, you find the same jerks. They are everywhere. So I wouldn't blame it on online dating.

I guess I am biased because I found my "LOVE" online. He is wonderful and I am so glad I did the online profile. My friend wanted me to help her with a profile and I did a generic one too, not intending on even bothering with it.

And I know many others who have found great relationships that way.

Good luck in the future............dating is fun but frustrating! LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views