***Monday Morning Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 1/18/09 2:18 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!  Yesterday during the day it was fairly decent out - like I said we had woken up to a little snow.  And then bout an hour before I left it started a "wintry mix" snow and ice coming down real fine.  And in all actuality - the roads were QUITE slippery.

So - be careful.  I obviously have no idea what happened while I have been here at work, but I assume the roads are still slick.

Today I am stopping at the pharmacy for just a quick item or two...hubby informed me his athletes foot has flared up so we're gonna try to get that under control quickly - he has a long history of it getting real bad real quick regardless of what we do to the point where he has open sores and constant bleeding.  I'm trying desperately to avoid that again. 

I'm also leaving him money for dinner tonight as he has decided he wants pizza - and in all honesty - I don't feel like cooking as we leave on Wed so I don't want to many left overs in the fridge...and both of us are tired of chilli, we've had it a few times since I made it last week.  I think the rest of it will go in the freezer.  I, on the other hand, have plenty of yogurts and what not to eat and I'll pick up a salad or two for my dinners at work. 

So....anywho...that's it.  It's 1:15 so I've got about 5hrs 45 mins left and I still get to take my break which is nice :)  They have sent a BUNCH of people home tonight due to over staffing.  I actually requested to stay thus far....and am hoping that will pay off and Tuesday night they will send people home and I'll get to be one of them so I can sleep before we leave.  We shall see.  If not, that's ok too.

Stay safe and warm all!!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
eclipse1021
on 1/18/09 4:27 pm - Williamstown, NJ
Don't you just love the night shift?  Right now, it's 3:25 am, and I'm sitting here bored...that is of course until all hell breaks loose as it usually does at 5:30.  I wish we had an over staffing problem here......it's just the opposite.  Our staffing office practically has to beg the employees to come in and work because most of the time, it's a down right nightmare.  Anyway, enjoy the rest of  your shift.  Try not to work too hard.

Pam Hart
on 1/18/09 4:40 pm - Easton, PA
I do LOVE the night shift - although I must say most of the time I am not bored  Tonight is a nice pace where I'm not overwhelmed...but I am keeping mostly busy.  Right now I'm teetering on the "b" word...but I'm not gonna say it.  Our hell breaking loose normally happens around 6am and lately with my "luck" I've gotten something critical at 6:45 requiring me to be running around like a chicken when days comes in and they think I'm crazy.  Well...maybe I am.

This overstaffing thing to me is just bizarre.  I mean...how do you OVER schedule people?  I just don't get it.  It happens a lot here where people are sent home early and what not.  They send people home w/ OT first (so they don't get the OT)...then the rest is a lottery based on people who want to.  You have your choice of using PTO or not getting paid.  Interesting.

Well, enjoy the rest of the night....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/09 6:17 pm - Eastern, PA
This thread should be called "Night Shift Nurse Chit Chat."

Bleh. I'll be funnier after more coffee.

I have a busy day at work. We're facing some tight deadlines, so I'm going in a little early.

Mary and I are hoping to go to Target tonight to do some registering. We'll see how hat pans out..

Pissed about the Eagles, glad about the Steelers.

Looking forward to a good food and gym week. I have a few lbs. I want to get rid of.

I wish everyone a great week!
shoutjoy
on 1/18/09 6:40 pm - Culpeper, VA
Good morning!

I liked night shift too when I did it, but liked my days too much to get good sleep.  So most of the time, I was zombie.

Yesterday I was in a workshop all day on MAD (Make A Difference).  It was on personal evangelism so none of the laundry got done or the cleaning.  Guess what I'm doing today?

Tonight is dance class but the weather is crappy and bucks are presently unavailable so another sad evening.  Can't wait until spring!

Just catching up on stuff after my trip and thats about it for today.  Have a great Monday everyone!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

peggy76
on 1/18/09 7:05 pm - girardville, PA
 Good Morning everyone.. hope u all have a great day.. i cant wait to be able to get out an about like all of u.. an have exciting things to share.. for now im just here at home not able to do much.. but things are changing.. 

Lois G.
on 1/18/09 11:23 pm - Ashland, PA
Hi Peggy, Lois here, got your message, sorry about no profile, just learning all this stuff with the computer and all....wish you the best on your upcoming surgery in feb.  you doc is a good one. I am going to a meeting today at ghp at 4 up onthe second floor (support group) they are using the conference room now instead of the room in basement....
If I can do anything for you at any time, let me know....
Lois
lauraanne715
on 1/18/09 8:04 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning!

Well yet again I have a day off and yet again I am up at the crack of dawn!!! I really hate when that happens!  So I am doing laundry, then I am going to put the dishes in the dishwasher and run it, then I am going to dye my hair, then I am going to organize the Literary Magazine the kids worked on for our school...just put the clip art in it and get it ready for its publication.  Nothing else is planned...just hanging out the house..maybe pack some boxes for the move...we'll see!!  

Hope everyone enjoys the day!! Stay safe! Stay warm!!!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Liz R.
on 1/18/09 8:17 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all! Pam - roads were fine on my way in this morning - drive safely!

I am here at work 6:30 - 4 although I was a bit late - I'll blame the weather although it was just my tired sore body not wanting to get out of bed! lol Yesterday Chris and I tore out the carpet in the dining room to reveal gorgous oak floors! So I am sore from carrying, bending, lifting, pulling etc.

Today will be work then home, hopefully to meet with my Uncle about a few of the construction projects we need done. I really want to get them done yet this month so I can put my house back together! Right now my dining room is all in the kitchen - it is like a maze!

Have a great day all!

Liz
ktreavis
on 1/18/09 8:33 pm - PA
Good Morning PA -

Today has me working until 5:30, lots of busy work I suppose. I am really enjoying being back at my old center. The women there have been nothing but supportive through some trying times, and as I go through yet another big milestone in my life.

Tonight after work I think I will try to spend some time with mom, is she's awake of course, her new meds are really kicking the *hit out of her.
Hopefully I can stay up to watch 24 tonight. I absolutely LOVE that show. I had a really good night's sleep last night so I should be able to hadnle it. Anyway, gotta get moving now.

Hope you all have a great day.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views