zyrtec question?

BlancheJackson
on 1/18/09 12:07 pm - Butler, PA
My dr recently advised me to take Zyrtec for an issue I have with itching... danged allergy to dust mites, of all things!!!.   Anyway, it is no longer controlling the itching enough to get a good night's sleep.. and I take it about an hour before bed!!   Does anyone know if there would be any issues with taking another?  I intend to approach my Dr with this, but I need help tonight!!!!  :_)))

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

KFA3
on 1/18/09 1:28 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I usually take 2-3 if one doesn't work. I rarely take 3 and have never experienced any adverse effect.
Pam Hart
on 1/18/09 1:40 pm - Easton, PA

I honestly don't know.  I can tell you that some antihistamines run the risk of effecting the conductivity of the heart....

However, I can also tell you that you can always call your doctor and ask.  Most should have an answering service.  Tell them you want the doctor to call you back.  And before you say "oh, but it is so late at night" keep in mind they get paid big bucks to be "on call" and to take care of people in general.  Very rarely do you see a doctor begging on the street corner.  There's a reason for that.  Let them earn their money and answer your questions and take care of you - regardless of hour.

<------- **steps off her soapbox**

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
BlancheJackson
on 1/18/09 10:09 pm - Butler, PA
Thank you both so much for your replys.. I managed a restless night.. not too bad, and plan on calling today!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/09 1:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I have taken Zyrtec for years due to allergies (dust, cats, dogs, grass, you name it). I take one at night with Singular and I usually don't have any problems. I also you a nasal spray since I have a big time issue with nasal polyps. I would ask about a combo. of Zyrtec and Singular and see what he says. Also, after trying them all, Zyrtec seemed to be the one that worked the best for me. You may have to try another to see if it works better.
Shannon O.
on 1/19/09 5:41 am - Reading, PA
I would talk to your doctor and see if you can add Singular with the Zyrtec... it coveres allergies that Zyrtec doesn't cover... I am on both and it really helps...

But have you covered your bed and pillow with those special dust mite covers? Also wash your bedding and your pjs in super ho****er and dry them... that kills the little buggers! My mom is allergic to them... and that is what she has to do... also wash your curtains and vacuum your room at least once a week for about a month until the ones that have escaped from the bed are dead once the bed is covered..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views