Great presentation/function for biscuits....

Pam Hart
on 1/15/09 2:57 am - Easton, PA
OK...so I personally don't eat biscuits much at all - especially the premade in a can ones.  However...brian loves them so occassionally I do make them.

Tonight we are having chilli.

I took a can of the biscuits (grands....southern style) rolled them out with a rolling pin...and put them ON a jubo muffin tin...(turn the tin upside down and press them onto the outside of it, going down to what would have been the "top" of the muffin)

I baked them for the required time...and now I have biscuit bowls!  I'm gonna fill em with chilli later on, top with cheese, and stick them back in the oven for a few minutes to reheat the biscuite portion and melt the cheese all at the same time.

I thought it would be a cute idea for a party or something, too...especially for those who don't have to watch carbs or other 'doughy' like products....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 1/15/09 3:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
You clever little thing, you!! that sounds like a great idea! I'm having some friends over for the game on Sunday and I just might have to try that...make a big crock of chili and make those little bowls for it. YUM!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 1/15/09 3:31 am - Easton, PA
good thinking! I have also seen that done with pie crust to make mini tart like cups.

I hope Mr Picky enjoys them! Sounds like something Chris would love - maybe even made with cornbread from a tube? I am making him Chili this weekend, maybe I'll give it a whirl!
Pam Hart
on 1/15/09 6:08 am - Easton, PA
Meat, cheese, carbs.  Brian is in!  LOL

The cornbread thing would probably work to - although I was unaware they made cornbread in a tube.  How cool!

Hope he enjoys em!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 1/15/09 3:56 am - Boothwyn, PA
OK - I'm making chili for the gang on Sunday and those little muffin cups - did you spray the bottoms of the tins so they would come off easy? And did you use the Grand biscuits? Thanks for such a great idea - can't wait to show my friends how creative I am (by snatching other people's ideas - LOL!!).

My husband will love them.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 1/15/09 6:07 am - Easton, PA
I used Pillsbury Grands Homestyle - Southern Style biscuits.  I'm pretty sure you could use any variety with the exception of the "flaky layers" one (I think those would fall apart, but haven't experimented with it)

No, I did not spray the bottom of the muffin tins - although it was a nonstick muffin tin to begin with.  It was also a jumbo muffin tin - but a regular one would work well I would assume, too.  However, with using the smaller one, I wouldn't put one biscuit on EVERY cup - I think they would puff up to much and stick together.  I would do every other one or something like that.  The jumbo ones a few of the "tops" of the bowls did puff up and stick to each other, but it was soooo minimal and all I did was run a knife between them before taking them off.

Pam
lauraanne715
on 1/15/09 9:20 pm - Pottstown, PA
Wow!  How creative and smart are you?!  That is an awesome idea...and I am passing it over to Barry so he can make unlike me who would probally destroy it and the muffin tin!! LOL  Very cool idea!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views