Back to Basics - Thursday

Liz R.
on 1/14/09 8:07 pm - Easton, PA
Alright - so I am FINALLY starting to feel better! YAY! I had 1/2 english  muffin this morning and so far so good so here is the plan for today

B: 1/2 english muffin
S: maybe the other 1/2
L: pastina made with chicken broth and a scrambled egg
S: s/f pudding made with soy milk
D: maybe a scrambled egg
S: maybe I'll try a protein shake

I know that this is high in carbs but I haven't tried meat yet - tonight I might try. I will have some chicken broth during the day too and plenty of decaf tea and water.

Exercise - grocery shopping, that's more then I have done in days!
dit657
on 1/14/09 9:15 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Liz, so happy to hear you're finally feeling better and able to eat! So what if its high in carbs for one day - as long as you can keep food down you can concentrate on getting your proteins in as the week progresses - baby steps - your poor stomach has been through a lot.

I did pretty good on my plan yesterday but in the afternoon I got one of those craving feelings where I kept trying to stuff food into my mouth and pouch and nothing was satisfying - my TOM is approaching so I'll attribute it to that, because otherwise its boredom - I'm not stressed over anything so I don't think it was that. anyway, today will be better, and I did exercise last night with some high intensity to burn off those stinking pretzel chips I ate in the afternoon.

B:  Sausage & egg burrito (13 g)
S:  Apple and stringcheese stick or peanut butter (8 g)
L:  1/2 WW Pita w/turkey & cheese; sf pudding (15 g)
S:  Nuts (13 g)
D:  Italian Sausage; angel hair pasta w/meat sauce (I made way too much the other night) (20 g)
S:  Thinking protein shake or something along those lines - or bar
E:  Ride, ride, ride my bike

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/09 12:22 am
Glad you are feeling better, Liz!

B:  egg white, turkey sausage, lite cheese
S:  cottage cheese, mini can of no sugar added peaches
L:  spinach, cheese, sauce (was my attempt at that yummy veggie crust pizza recipe....it crashed and burned, but still yummy)
S:  non-naughty nibbles from Revival
D:  soy burger, cheese, soup
S:  protein bar
E:  Sparring class...hopefully, I will not be the token bobble head tonight...

lots and lots of zicam and tea and water...i want this nasty cold gone asap!

HG
LisaAC
on 1/15/09 12:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'm still fighting...whatever the heck it is I'm fighting, but have had a protein drink and a banana today.  My hubby wants to go out for lunch, but we'll have to see how I'm feeling.  I didn't make the gym with him.  I just don't have the energy and after nearly passing out last night, it didn't feel safe.  Maybe I'll see if he'll take a little walk with me (I'm kind of afraid to venture out on my own, feeling this way) and take it from there.  Dinner will probably be some homemade turkey soup or leftover tilapia, depending on how my tummy is feeling.

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
BlancheJackson
on 1/15/09 1:51 am - Butler, PA

Still with it today.  I lost 1 lb since Sunday... I know it's good.. and I am happy with it, but I just felt as though I had lost more!  Guess it's the tightening up or something...

B: Protein Shake

S: cheese stick & 1/2 banana

L: L.C. chicken and creamed spinach
   Cheese stick and jerky cuz I was still hungry

For snack later, probably some deli meat w/c.cheese,

Dinner will be left over roast beef, carrots, gravy

Snack.... S.F. Pudding...and maybe more cheese or a yogurt.... 

I'm really craving popcorn.. really!! and not the low fat stuff.. can't stand that..

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views