Thursday Morning Roll Call

ktreavis
on 1/14/09 3:43 pm - PA
Good Morning PA -

I knwo it is super early but I wanted to let everyone know that mom finally came home from the hospital last night. She seems to be doing well. There is a nurse set up to come and visit today, I don't know how often she will be out.
Today has me at work til 5:30, I am going to spend some time on moral boosters with my staff. I will make them lunch today and get them a special treat this afternoon. I want to spend 1 day a week letting each of them know how much they mean to me and our program.....i know i know, sappy, but if it keeps them happy and they keep our parents happy, then I keep my job......
After that I will be home and hopefully to bed at a decent time. But probably not.
Hope you all have a great Thursday.

Katie

Progress not perfection

deeg
on 1/14/09 6:40 pm - Quakertown, PA
Morning!
Katie, I am so glad to hear your mom is doing better!  That's great!  Today I am only working from 7:30 to about 1, then going to spend some time with my mom untill my 2 dr. appts (one at 4 and one at 6).  After that I will come home and let my dog out and feed her, then go to the gym for some cardio.  I lifted yesterday, and boy am I sore today!  After the gym, it's home to hit the sack....Hope everyone has a great day!

Dee
Pam Hart
on 1/14/09 6:47 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Katie and Pa!

I'm so glad to hear mom is home and that you have a visiting nurse coming as well.  If you don't mind...what did they end up doing as far as her heart and what not is concerned?  If you don't want to go into details, please, don't feel pressured.

Today I have my "PALS" (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) class to attend.  You need to be recertified every 2 years.  They have the class scheduled from 7:45 till 5pm which is shocking to me.  I've taken the class multiple times already...and even the FIRST time I took it wasn't that long.  Then again - because of "politics" most of the time they need to schedule it for x amount of hours and then just go through it and let you out early.  Good news is, I get paid for the day as well, because it is a work requirement that this certification stays in effect for me.  Plus, they pay for the actual class :)  I do hope we get out early today, though.

I've already put a big batch of chilli in the crock pot and will have that for dinner when I get home.  I'm going to experiment (for Brian) with some "biscuit cups" to put the chilli in.  I'm content with just the chilli - but he always likes something with it.

I played in the kitchen a LOT yesterday....and it's still messy.  If Brian doesn't clean it up - I will be doing that when I get home as well.

That's my exciting day!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 1/14/09 7:27 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Katie & PA,

Just wanted to say I am happy to hear your Mom is doing better and hope that she continues to improve so that you, dear girl, can have a little peace!

Well I am leaving for work in about 3 minutes, last day of this week as I have a DDS appointment tomorrow and could not reschedule since it involved dental implant work and would have taken a while to get a Saturday appt., so I have a 4 day weekend to look forward to, however, it is pretty well full of stuff to do.   Anyway, I found Facebook and am loving it, still trying to figure it all out, but when I get to work I can play with it (lol). . .

Well folks, do what you need to to stay warm and I'll see you all later.

Have a great day!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 1/14/09 7:58 pm - Easton, PA
Katie - so glad that you mom is doing well enough to go home! I hope that she continues on her recovery well!

I too am proud to announce that I am FINALLY starting to feel better this morning - now I am not 100% but hoping that I might actually get to eat real food today!

Nothing too exciting planned, work til 4 then off to Wegman's to get some groceries. When I get home I'll have to put away the groceries, get myself something to eat and straighten up a bit then off to bed!

Hope you have a great day and stay warm! It's going to be extra cold out today and tomorrow!

Liz
dit657
on 1/14/09 9:07 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - good news on your mom, Katie - I know how stressful all that can be. Hopefully you can relax a little more now knowing she'll have a visiting nurse stopping in to check on her. And don't discount those little morale boosters as 'sappy' for your staff - those little things go a long way toward keeping co-workers happy and content. Our office is very small - only 10 of us - and you can't imagine how a bi-weekly free pizza lunch can keep us all together and happy!! Doesn't seem like much but trust me, it means a lot.

I'm at work - ride in was weird - went thru several snow squalls coming up 202. They're dumping enough salt on the roads right now to combat a 2 foot storm, but better safe than sorry! My hubby has a stress test this morning then he's home for the day - this is routine for him since he has a pacemaker.

Not much on my agenda today other than work and trying to get warm and stay warm!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/09 10:36 pm
I'm glad to hear your mom is home, Katie!

I think what you are doing for your staff is wonderful.  It means more to them than they will probably let on.  I worked in plenty of schools where we were never thanked or given any kind of recognition. 

Today I am sick as a dog with a miserable cold...but I can't stay home for a cold, so I am getting ready to head out shortly.  I will be in the office until 6:30 and then head straight to my sparring class....I have missed it every day this week so I must go tonight.  I am hoping the zican I am taking is going to help cut this cold short.  I am thinking I should have kept my big mouth shut the other day when I said I NEVER get sick anymore! 

HG
shoutjoy
on 1/15/09 12:17 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

I am down here in sunny Maryland.  It's chilly but the sunshine is geat!  Having a pleasant day with friends then tomorrow it's off to Baltimore for an appointment then it is off to Virginia to visit with friends and relatives.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Lisa H.
on 1/16/09 5:14 am - Whitehall, PA
So what if it's Friday at 4:00 p.m.  I had to get in on here since I was not on the computer ALL DAY yesterday.. that was really strange.  Katie, I am SO GLAD that your mom is home.  I know that is a big weight lifted off you.  The nurse will be a big help even if she can only come every now and then.

Yesterday, I was off from work because my dad had a total knee replacement on his right knee.  He did really well.  The surgery itself only took about an hour.  By the time I left my appt with the WLS surgeon and got to the hospital, he was already in recovery!! I got to talk to him in there and he was already joking with the nurses about not getting a Coor's Lite when he was getting wheeled into the OR. LOL!! MY dad is great!! He takes everything so well and with a great sense of humor.  He is such a good patient, too!

So, back to me for a minute.. I had my last appt with the surgeon pre-op.  We went over all my questions and now we just have to submit everything to the insurance for the official approval.  Unfortunately, there was some lack of communication somewhere along the line and the surgeon did not receive any of the paperwork from the NUT or the PSYCH, so I called them both yesterday so they would get the info over to them ASAP.  I also had to stop at my PCP's office because my insurance changed from Cap Blue Cross to Aetna as primary and then Cap Blue Cross as secondary.  Aetna requires a letter from the PCP with a weight history.  So, I went over to ask them to send that, along with the results of the EKG they did in the office over to the surgeon.  I am going to call the surgeon on Tuesday to make sure they got everything and then they will submit to insurance and I should hear hopefully by the following week.  I have all the paperwork for the preadmission testing and everything, so all I need is the big OK! I'm getting SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views