Sad News on Barix Pre-Op Tom Smith

LindaScrip
on 1/14/09 12:29 pm
what a shame.  I didn't know Tom but I think when we do our meeting this coming wednesday we should do a moment of silence in his memory.
Dennis Belk
on 1/15/09 4:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Agreed
LindaScrip
on 1/15/09 10:15 am
thank you Dennis. 
Mike M.
on 1/16/09 12:39 am - Langhorne, PA
Just wanted to let everyone know that we found out this morning from Tom's wife that Tom made it through surgery on Monday with flying colors and experienced no issues in recovery.  He was awake, alert and very happy in his room following the surgery and didn't experience complications until later in the day.  Tom's wife is actually doing much better than expected and she said that anyone from the WLS community is more than welcome to celebrate his life at the memorial service tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike
Pam Hart
on 1/16/09 3:21 am - Easton, PA
Thank you for that information, Mike.

Perhaps the last post by you about the arrangements and what not should be posted in another thread, in case people aren't going back to look at the other people's comments?

Pam

PS:  While we are keeping tom, his family and friends in our thoughts and prayers please take a minute to also remember the staff of Barix.  We are all well aware at how fiercely they love their patients, and this cannot be easy on any of them as well.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 1/16/09 12:54 am - Doylestown, PA
Oh my gosh how sad.

Are we aware of the specific complications that happened?

I know it's so rare that these things happen but it certainly rocks you when you hear it. But I also hope it does not scare anyone away from making the choice to have Surgery. It sounds as if tom possible had some aggravating cir****tances.

RIP Tom.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views