OT - What would you think??

EileenWalton
on 1/14/09 4:42 am

It doesn't sound sincere, genuine....it sounds like a script!  If it was said to me I would just shrug it off.  I would much prefer your normal "feel better."

Eileen

Shannon O.
on 1/14/09 4:52 am - Reading, PA
my mom hates that crap too... it just makes the hospital sound more like a business than a place that gives care to ones that needs it...

R K.
on 1/14/09 5:51 pm
On January 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM Pacific Time, Shannon O. wrote:
my mom hates that crap too... it just makes the hospital sound more like a business than a place that gives care to ones that needs it...
That`s exactly what it is, a business first and foremost. When it`s not longer a business and only cares about the mission, like Allentown Sacred Heart they eventually close. Too bad because SHH is the very best as far as I`m concerned.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
DianeMarie
on 1/14/09 10:22 am - Delmont, PA
To me when things are scripted and you can tell.. it seems fake.  Unfortunately all companies have scripts like this.  Even the store I work for.  The cashiers are told what to say.. To smile.. look customers right in the eye.  Ask them if they've found everything they needed.  Ask them to come back.  I think a customer is going to notice how fake you are being if they hear others repeat the same things you are saying.  It would be nice if our bosses would realise we have minds and can say things properly with out their imput.  Unfortunately there are those that like to micromanage us to death LOL..

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Jackie W.
on 1/14/09 10:34 am
I HATE SCRIPTS!!!!!!

At my work (I work for a bank), we are suppose to say "Welcome to "insert bank name".  Thank you for your patience (if they had to wait).  How may I assist you?"  When they leave we are suppose to say....yep the same thing "Thank you for choosing "insert bank name".

Granted, you choose a bank.....not necessarily a hospital!  But come on....I can't stand when stuff sounds so mechanical!!!!  No matter what it is!  Even the WalMart Greeter!!!  Especially those telemarketers that call you selling stuff!

I couldn't imagine hearing my nurse say to me "Thank you for choosing LVH."  As I walk away with my body in a cast or my kid with stitches!!!  Who thinks these things up??!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views