More carbquick reviews

Pam Hart
on 1/13/09 9:32 pm - Easton, PA
So some of you may remember I bought this stuff called "carbquick" which is like a low carb bisquick.  I had made their biscuits which were pretty good.

This morning I've been puttsing around the kitchen and decided to make the pancakes for tonights dinner and then just reheat them tonight.  Boy am I glad I did!

They stink.

there were two different recipies - I tried both.  The first one was flat and dense and just not the way I like my pancakes. 

the second one was called "puffed pancakes"  Now...maybe if I play around with the batter this one might work...but the batter was sooooo thick, I can't even begin to describe it.  I did end up trying to cook them - but no matter how low the temps, the outsides were burning before the insides were done.  Perhaps if I add more water to loosen up the batter it might work.

I think it will be boxed pancake mix for brian tonight...and none for me which is just as fine.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 1/13/09 10:06 pm - Easton, PA
Pam for as often as I eat pancakes or biscuits I use the heart smart mix from Bisquick and it is OH so yummy!! I add a bit of vanilla extract to the mix always - makes it taste a little more homemade.

Sorry to hear the carbsmart was icky.
Pam Hart
on 1/13/09 10:44 pm - Easton, PA

Great minds think alike...I always add vanilla to my pancake batter as well...and also did so with the carbquick.

I will pick up the heart smart bisquick today at the story, probably.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 1/13/09 10:42 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
The carbquick, I think, works best for biscuits, but there is another product that is a low carb pancake mix and I've used it and they were pretty good, especially with some blueberries mixed in. . .  go to CarbSmart.com (which is not to say there is not another place that sells what I'm talking about, just the site I found it on) and you will find the pancake mix I'm talking about. 

Have a great day, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 1/13/09 10:45 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Laureen, I will definately check it out.

Pam
Shannon O.
on 1/14/09 12:07 pm - Reading, PA
never heard of this stuff before... where did ya find it at?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views