Please help if you can....

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 10:42 am, edited 1/13/09 10:43 am
Hey everyone!

I am participating in the American Cancer Society's RELAY FOR LIFE for the 9th year.  The link to my offical RFL webpage is below.  I know things are tight right now for everyone, but if you would like to help out by making a donation, you can do so on my page or by check made out to the ACS (I can send you my address privately).  So far today, I have raised $300.00 in donations!! 

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09PA?px= 8711942&pg=personal&fr_id=16747

Cancer is something that has touched all of us in some way or another.  I am an 11 year survivor myself.  I lost both grandfathers to cancer and an aunt and uncle are both fighting the disease today.  I also lost a dear friend to ovarian cancer several years ago...she was only 42.  I hope that in my life time, we can see an end to cancer!

Thank you!!

HG
Liz R.
on 1/13/09 8:34 pm - Easton, PA
Heather - I wasn't sure if you got an update e-mail or not but I did make a contribution - if you need to know how much let me know.

I made my donation in honor of my Mom, Rectal cancer - My Maternal Grandmother, Breast Cancer, and my Paternal Grandmother, melanoma. These are 3 of the most amazing, strongest women I have ever  met and I am so lucky that they were able to battle their cancers through their strong wills and the doctors.

*hugs* you are working for a fanstastic cause and congrats to you on being 11 years cancer free!!!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 8:53 pm
Thank you, Liz!  The relay website automatically sends notification of who donated and how much.  It sounds like you come from a family of strong fighters! 

Thanks again for your support!

HG
dit657
on 1/13/09 9:00 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Honored to help out, Heather - lost my dad way too early in his life to stomach cancer (he was 57), and my mom has been battling various forms of cancer the past 2-3 years - first uterine, now lung - she's a fighter, tho, and is hanging in there. My older sister also has some thyroid issues - so far it hasn't been cancerous but they keep a close watch on it. And I lost one of my best friends to breast cancer that moved to her brain when she was only 43, with 3 small children - outside of losing my dad that was probably the hardest person I've ever lost - she was much too young.

Wish you all the best in the Relay for Life, too!! You go girl!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 9:14 pm
Thank you, Kathy!!!  The American Cancer Society is such a great organization.  They do so much by way of funding research and providing education and various programs and support systems. 

Someday cancer will only be a piece of history and not the present.

HG
tammypa
on 1/13/09 10:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Heather,
I would be glad to help out with a donation.
PM me with your address and I will send a check.
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 10:31 pm
Hey you!!!  How are you feeling? 

Thank you for supporting the Relay!!  I will PM  you.

HG
deebatt
on 1/14/09 6:36 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
Heather,  THANK YOU for doing this.  I most certainly will contribute.  My mom currently has been dealing with ovarian cancer for 16 months and I participate every year in the NOCC ovarian cancer walk.

More and more people are being touched by this awful epidemic...it needs to end!

huggs
Denise
~ Denise 

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/09 2:06 pm
Denise,

Thank you so much for your contribution!  Good for you for doing the ovarian CA walk.  I definitely want to participate in it out here in the Philly area.  I will have to check out their website and plan on it for next year.

Heather
EileenWalton
on 1/15/09 3:15 am
Heather, thanks so much for participating in this.  My Mom, Dad and Brother all died from cancer.  I am happy to contribute.
Eileen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views