Hair loss

GD_007
on 1/13/09 2:16 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey everyone,

Help me remember - what are the things we can do to help prevent hair loss.  I'm noticing that I'm getting a little thin (no pun intended) "up there". 

Thanks for the help,
-GD
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 2:51 am - Eastern, PA
Not a lot you can do. I've heard people talk about Biotin pills and shampoo, but wioth mixed results.

Make sure you're getting enough protein and hitting your vitamins. That may stem the tide.

EileenWalton
on 1/13/09 3:57 am
The only thing that worked for me was time.  Eventually it will stop falling out.  Sorry, wish I had a better answer.

Hope all is well with you and your family.
Eileen

dit657
on 1/13/09 4:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
I have heard that once you start taking the Biotin and using the special shampoo you can never stop - not sure that's true or an old wive's tale.

Most of us suffer thru the hair loss - yours is much later than most, but once you have a good, steady diet and are taking your vits it should stop falling out and start coming back in.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Jackie W.
on 1/13/09 10:44 am
I have heard that once you start taking the Biotin and using the special shampoo you can never stop - not sure that's true or an old wive's tale.

NOT TRUE about Biotin!  Shampoo, I don't know.  But Biotin you can take and stop when you want.

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

LadyJwb
on 1/13/09 4:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
I take biotin daily, but I swear I have hair growing in places that i never had  in the past . I look like baby chewbacca...lol

oobiebus
on 1/13/09 5:50 am - pottstown, PA
I take Bioton faithfully everyday and have lost hair since july,Now mind you i have naturally curly hair,(well i did)now its coming in poker straight but i think i am finally slowing down,Not too many curls left in the shower drain as of lately! Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 6:53 am - PA
Yes, i've read that Nioxin is the shampoo that you want to use.  I already ordered mine so that I have it when it the hair starts to go. There are various strengths of the shampoo (potency?) and for different types of hair (treated/untreated, etc).  Obviously, the more potent stuff is not inexpensive.  I shopped around and found the best price I could -- an Amazon.com merchant. Keep in mind there is a shampoo (cleanser), conditioner, and a scalp therapy (foam). That is THREE products -- so -- it adds up very fast.  I'm curious to know if it has made a difference for anyone on the PA Board.
J. M.
on 1/13/09 8:55 am
biotin....still.

it doesnt stop it, but helps the new hair coming in

~ Jen   

Melanie B.
on 1/13/09 9:33 am - Doylestown, PA
mine is falling out at an alarming rate.

It was like clock work at 4 months. I have read and done a lot of research that vitamins and protein are NOT the reason your hair is falling out. That due to the stress of A. the surgery and B. the extreme rapid weightloss that the hair folicles go into "shock" or the dormant phase. It's unavoidable for those it's going to happen to and it's not permenant.

I just thank god I had a mop head to being with - however its VERY thin right now.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views