Back to Basics - Tuesday

Liz R.
on 1/12/09 7:55 pm - Easton, PA
Alright - so we are into week 2 here - how's everyone doing?

I am still just working on getting fluids in - sip sip sip as best I can. I will try some solid protein when I get home tonight, I have some ground chicken out.

What's your plan for tuesday?

Liz
dit657
on 1/12/09 8:54 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Well Liz I'd say you're going to be losing some weight just because you can't eat right now - which isn't good in one sense but the pounds will probably be falling off. Not the best way to do it, so please feel better soon!

Yesterday was pretty good for me - changed out a few things but basically stuck to my posting and I did exercise last night. Here is today's plan (my protein goal is 73 g per day):

B:  OJ Protein Shake - 17 g protein
S:  Protein Bar - 12 g protein
L:  Tuna salad w/lettuce; 1/2 WW pita; sf pudding - approx 30 g protein
S:  Apple; lo-fat stringcheese (8 g protein)
D:  Spaghetti w/meatsauce and meatballs - approx 10 g protein
S:  ???
E:  30 Minutes on bike for at least 6 miles

My BFF is doing South Beach right now and her goal is to lose 40 lbs, so we're working on this together as well - she's been my Number #1 supporter thru WLS and knows how much I want to get below that 200 lb mark. Wish us luck!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 1/12/09 9:08 pm - Easton, PA
Woohoo good luck with the next 40 pounds!

I have about 23 to go and am so ready to get there! This cold might spark some weightloss - I am hoping, if I am suffering anyway might as well have a light at the end of the tunnel right?!
keri2008
on 1/12/09 9:04 pm - PA
B:  wheatena, greek yogurt, pp, nuts and flax oil
S:  ricotta, nuts, pp, nuts and flax oil
L:  Turkey Caprese Meatloaf (THANK YOU Eggface!)
S:  l/f string cheese, broccoli soup
D:  Seared tuna
S:  2 fudgesicles
dit657
on 1/12/09 9:10 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Keri - what are pp. nuts and why do you add flax oil? Is it for flavor or protein? Thanks - Kathy

keri2008
on 1/12/09 9:30 pm - PA
Hi Kathy!

Sorry, pp is protein powder, mainly Chike.  I add 5 almonds and 5 walnuts.  I add the nuts and the flax oil because my "good" cholesterol was low when my PCP took bloodwork (Boe's bloodwork didn't get this number).  That and being low on essential fatty acids can effect hair, skin and nails so I did some research and added it twice daily to my plan.  Nuts are good for protein of course so that helps too but mostly I saw hair thinning and lack of shine and decided that I would see if this course would help.  It most definitely has.

Keri
dit657
on 1/12/09 9:33 pm - Boothwyn, PA
OK - that makes sense - couldn't figure out what pp. nuts were - LOL!! My bloodwork in November was textbook perfect - I was thrilled!! I did lose a lot of hair starting about 4 months out from surgery - its finally coming back in but a lot slower than it fell out, and is finally starting to look healthy again. I've never had thick hair - its very fine but at least its coming back!

Glad the flax oil and stuff are working for you.

keri2008
on 1/13/09 12:10 am - PA
ROFL.  Well if you don't know what pp nuts are yet then I am sure NOT going to clue you in.  LOL.  That's wonderful!!  The only reason I noticed was because my PCP ordered the full panel and Dr. Boe's tests do not include a test for the "good" cholesterol.  I'm glad that your tests for him do include it.  I'm also very glad your hair is coming back and healthy!  It's amazing how different I feel if my hair does not look good.  Teehee.  It's so fun being a girl!
ladychief231
on 1/12/09 9:29 pm, edited 1/12/09 9:39 pm - Douglassville, PA
Liz hope you shake this thing soon!

Yesterday I had one of those days where I would take a bite of food and it just wasn't sitting well. I hardly ate anything and I went to bed sick and early.

Today seems to be a bit better so far....

B: Special K and coffee 15g
S: cheese stick 6gr
L: 1/2 turkey and cheese sand 20gr
S: cheese stick and click 21 gr
D: Not sure yet

Until next.
danilee30
on 1/12/09 9:41 pm - PIttsburgh, PA
Good Morning Liz and All,

Hope you feel a little better.  All is cold and well here in PIttsburgh.  I did do 45 minutes of water aerobics...loved it, going back tonight.

Food Plans for today:

B - Skim Milk (possible spinach egg bake...if I get hungry)
L - Buffalo Chicken Soup and 1/2 of grilled chicken wrap
S - NSA fruit maybe NSA kettle corn
D- Chicken and Green Bean Salad

Hope everyone stays warm and has a great day.

Danna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views