Update from the Dr

Liz R.
on 1/13/09 7:06 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Linda- I have 2 mutts. Aren't really sure what they are but they are my fur babies. Chris knows better then to throw them out of bed! lol They snuggle very close with me all the time. WE got the both at the SPCA just about a year ago and they are the best cats anyone could hope for. They know that Mom isn't feeling good so they are being extra attentive.

I am going back to resting now!

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 7:09 am - PA
 Ughh!  Sounds like you are super sick.  It is great you made it to the doctor to verify it is likely the virus.  Good luck with getting better and getting the fluids in -- I am finding that (the fluids) to be a real challenge after the surgery.  

Maybe you should look into buying some type of leather ammunition/hunting belt that instead of holding bullets, holds 10 little bottles of water. You know, a belt that blends John Wayne and Richard Simmons into one. I definitely could use one of those. (Of course, I know the belt would need to be in a fashionable color and not clash with anything you are wearing. :-)

Get well!
Arlene E.
on 1/13/09 9:13 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Liz

Just a quick hi and a get better quickly note.

arlene 

Nicole0216
on 1/13/09 9:24 am - Lancaster, PA
hope you feel better soon. Get those fluids in.
If you need to cancel this weekend do it.
Dont you dare think you have to go through with
it if you are sick, it can wait
Shannon O.
on 1/13/09 9:43 am - Reading, PA
yep it is a super nasty virus... only lysol and clorox products kill it...

But, I hope you can get some fluids in... to me the best was warm broth... but I never puked... only super bad runs...

Hope you feel better... but what is happening for Saturday?

Pam Hart
on 1/13/09 7:15 pm - Easton, PA
I was wondering when they were gonna suggest IV fluids.  I would try to stay away from purely broth and what not - although you also need the sodium.  but to much sodium can lead to dehydration as well....

Anyway - I hope the meds help you keep fluids down.  And if you do end up needing iv fluids...let me know...I'll be around all day today and then all day on friday - I'd be glad to keep you company.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 1/13/09 8:01 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks all - we are still on for saturday - I am confident that I'll be better. This morning I am at work - quite nauseous but I have a bid to get out today. I was sip sip sipping away getting things in as much as I could. I still feel a bit dehydrated this mornig - we'll see how I can do over the next few hours and if it isn't better I will leave work and go to the hospital immediately. I know I should have stayed home but I am stubborn.

sip sip sip
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/09 9:18 pm
Poor you!  Keep those fluids flowing!  It's weird, but I haven't gotten a full blown anything since surgery.  I get really mild versions of whatever is going around, but that is even rare.   

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views