Update from the Dr

Liz R.
on 1/13/09 1:13 am - Easton, PA
ALright - so the Dr said that it is nasty virus that is going around. I just have to let it run its course. She was a bit concerned because I am dehydrated. My blood pressure was 100 over 60 and my pulse rate was high. She gave me a script for something to settle my stomach so that I can  get the fluids in. I took one of them when I got home and well haven't vomited yet (yay!). She also told me that if I don't get in a fair amount of fluids today to go to the ER later for fluids - I really don't want to have to do that!

Well I am sleepy so I am going to take a little nap and veg - just thought that I would keep you all posted. Thanks for all of the concern!

Liz
Lisa H.
on 1/13/09 1:37 am - Whitehall, PA
Liz, sip sip sip and sip some more.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get those fluids in you the best you can.  We can't have you getting any sicker.  Get your rest and get the fluids in.  Take care of yourself and stay home from work, if you can.  

Thinking of you.  If my sipping would help you, I would take extra for you!!

My tracker

hers 

keri2008
on 1/13/09 1:47 am - PA
Oh thank God.  That you're doctor could give you something not that you have the nasty virus.  Hopefully you can get enough onboard to not need an ER liquid push.  Keep sipping.....and take care of yourself!

k
dit657
on 1/13/09 2:26 am - Boothwyn, PA
Glad you got to the doc and she could at least tell you what's going on - and thank goodness its nothing more serious than that - I was getting worried about your pouch. yes, try to sip, sip, sip anything that will stay down. Can you do Pedialite? I don't know the sugar content of that but that's what I always give my mother when she gets nasty bouts of a stomach thing she has.

Anyway, glad you were able to update us - been thinking about you a lot today - get some R&R.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
FlourPower
on 1/13/09 2:49 am - PA
Liz

I hope you feel better!  Take care!!

Chrissy

[

Liz R.
on 1/13/09 3:23 am - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone! I am doing pretty good - I have had 1 cup of beef broth and 1/2 piece of toast since I have been home and about 1/2 bottle of water. I have a pot of chicken soup going on the stove, I know they make cans - but I don't really care for them and god knows what else is in there. I figured that this might sit better. Endlessly in my kitchen! lol

I will keep resting - me and the kitties are all snuggly in bed, I must say that this is one of the few times in my life I have actually been IN BED because I am sick.

THanks again for the well wishes and the concern!

Liz
SPANKAROO
on 1/13/09 3:44 am
keep sipping on that  water  sip sip sip  and get  rest  hope you are feeling  begtter soon  hugsssssss
EileenWalton
on 1/13/09 3:56 am
Boy, you have really been through it, haven't ya.  Hope you feel better soon, Liz. 
Eileen

deeg
on 1/13/09 5:36 am - Quakertown, PA
Keep on drinking, girl.....don't get any more dehydrated, please!  Also do as much resting as you can do.....I am thinking about you as well as everyone else....
Dee
LindaScrip
on 1/13/09 5:49 am
Liz I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.  Now we have a lifetime of worry with this question of am I sick or is it gastric related.  Oh what fun (not).  Kitties inbed how many cats do you have.  I have 4 hymies and whenever I am in bed all four of them hop in bed with mom and when George comes to bed he tosses them out gently and they all give him a dirty look as is he has nerve.  Its funny and then they sneek back in when he falls asleep. When he wakes up in the morning he looks around and sees them and asks me who's bed this is and I meow. Take it easy and feel better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views