OT-exercise and video games

pieparty
on 1/12/09 10:59 am - Milroy , PA
Hey everyone, I have been giving some serious thought to buying the video game Dance Dance Revolution to get me up and moving both before and after surgery. Along with going to the YMCA. I think that dancing with that game would be much better than just following some exercise video workout. My kids already have a PS2 and a PS3 so that is why I was thinking about that game. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this game or any others? Thanks for the information.
shoutjoy
on 1/12/09 6:21 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

When I get off my butt, I use dance as my exercise.  My dance of choice is Irish.  It is fun, the music is fun, and it makes me sweat or is it sweet?  I can never get those straight.

Anyway, yes! Dance, dance, dance!!!

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

dit657
on 1/12/09 9:07 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I was talking to my boss about work out videos yesterday and she told me if you have On Demand on cable there is a whole channel of exercise shows that you can view anytime for FREE. Who doesn't like FREE?! I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but I'm going to tonight - see if they have anything on there I can do before I go buying yet another set of work-out tapes - good heavens I have all of the Richard Simmons sweating tapes, a Women at Large work-out, Leslie Sansone walking tapes and god only knows what else!!

So if you have On Demand check it out - see if there's anything good on there. I plan on looking at it tonight.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
pieparty
on 1/13/09 3:59 am - Milroy , PA
thanks for the replies, I do't have cable so I will look at DirecTv and see if they have anything like that. I love to bee-bop around the house when no one is looking and thought that it would be fun to dance in a more structured way. It even has a workout tracker on the game. I don't know yet. The kids would probably enjoy it too (besides the fact that they would really get a laugh out of me shaking my happy hinney) LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views