sugar free choc chips cookie

LindaScrip
on 1/12/09 11:14 am
 I found hershey's chips at the super walmart in horsham although I am getting some more I am confused as I am still very new at this but what is sucralose-granulated sugar blend and brown sugar blend and where can I find them.  Thanks in advance for your help.
bubble273
on 1/12/09 11:57 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Linda,

It's Splenda.  They have the granulated and the blend.  I believe the blend has some real sugar in it.  Same with the brown sugar.  I was able to tolerate the brown sugar blend, but have never tried the regular Splend blend.  I bought mine at Walmart...about a dollar or more cheaper than at the supermarket.

Good luck.

Karen

cleos_mom
on 1/12/09 7:23 pm - phila., PA
the splenda blends are 1/2 sugar & 1/2 splenda some can tolerate it some can', I have never tried either, for the brown sugar called for in the cookies i use  DIABETASWEET I bought it on line but I was told you can find it at Target which one I don't know sorry

good luck in your search
Susan
Liz R.
on 1/12/09 7:47 pm - Easton, PA
Yay! Glad that you found the chips! I use the diabetisweet exclusively now for baking - it acts just like sugar.

Sucralose is splenda. But the blends are just that like Karen and Susan mentioned - they are 1/2 sugar. I don't tolerate them at all - infact it was the "splenda for baking" that made me dump the first time.

Happy baking!

Liz
LindaScrip
on 1/13/09 5:29 am
where did you find the diabetisweet at.  Hope you are feeling better today.
Liz R.
on 1/13/09 7:08 am - Easton, PA
Shannon found the diabetisweet at Target but I haven't seen it there yet. The Larder in Doylestown carries the brown sugar variety. I get it at www.vitacost.com. I don't know if maybe Whole Foods would have it. I'll have to check their website.

Not feeling to great still but at least I am getting fluids in!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views