OT: Wii Game System

dit657
on 1/12/09 3:56 am - Boothwyn, PA
I know several of you out there have Wii gaming systems - question for you - I had been told that people with pacemakers can't use the Wii because of the hand controllers. Can anyone verify that info for me thru an owner's manual or something?

My husband 'owes' me a big Xmas gift and it was going to be a piece of furniture but now I'm thinking maybe I'd rather have a Wii, but only if he can play with it too - he has a pacemaker.

Thanks - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 4:09 am
Hi Kathy 

I took this straight from Ninetendo's website ...I also got a Wii for Christmas from my family and have been so busy I yet to connect.

Yet it look like a no go with a pacemaker.. The Wii console and Wii Remote can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers.
  • Do not operate the Wii console or remote within 9 inches of a pacemaker.
  • If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the Wii console or remote without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.

dit657
on 1/12/09 4:58 am - Boothwyn, PA
Thank you so much, Beth - I really appreciate that. It wouldn't be any fun if he couldn't play with it too.

I was just talking to my boss (she's my age and isn't huge but carries some extra weight) and telling her about Pam's post on Barry's Bootcamp - she told me if we have On Demand they have and exercise section on there with free work-outs, so I need to check that out, too.

Thanks again for the lo-down on the Wii - really appreciate it!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
MsDeniseinPA
on 1/12/09 9:51 am - PA
I do some of the exercises from On Demand...I especially like the Walk Away the Pounds ones.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views