Back to Basics - Mon. Food / Exercise

Liz R.
on 1/11/09 7:46 pm - Easton, PA
Alright gang - I'll start this but I am not setting an example today... I have been sick as you know and well it has settled in my crabby pouchie / intestines as of yesterday. I am having trouble keeping food in me without terrible discomfort. I am also PMS-ing hard core, might even start my pill back up a few days early to end the agony.

So that being said and TMI I am sure! but I digress, I am having a protein shake made with soy milk, chocolate protein powder and a frozen banana. I have 16 ounces of that and will sip on it as long as I can. I also have with me a whole grain english muffin, some crackers, cut up chicken breast and yogurt as I have no idea what i will tolerate. Maybe there will be an upside to all this and I'll loose a few pounds!

There will be no exercise again - but I am so ready to get a wii fit an get into a routine when I am back up to par!

What are you up to today?

Liz
dit657
on 1/11/09 8:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Liz you poor thing! Man, whatever got a hold of you is just not letting go. Sorry to hear its now settled into your pouch - thats not good. Take it easy and try to shake this thing once and for all.

My weekend didn't turn out to be too bad after all - got most of my proteins in and all of my fluids and didn't chow down on bad carbs and such. Didn't do any 'formal' exercise but yesterday I was busy all day and Saturday I did a ton of walking.

That being said here is my plan for the day:

B:  Matrix Protein Shake - 30 g
S:  Apple w/Simply Jiff Peanut Butter - 8 g
L:  Caesar Salad and something else but don't know what yet
S:  2 oz Nuts - 10 g
D:  Taco Salad - 15 g
S:  Cheese and pretzel chips - 10 g (approx)
E:  Back on the bike for at least 35 minutes and 7 miles

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
keri2008
on 1/11/09 9:11 pm - PA
Liz!!  I'm so sorry to hear you're STILL not feeling up to par!!  You deserve 12 months of feeling FABulous!!!

B:  cereal, greek yogurt, pp, nuts
S:  broccoli soup with Gouda (YUM!!! Thanks Eggface), cheese stick
L:  Veggie pattie with cheese, pesto cauliflower
S:  Ricotta, nuts, pp
D:  Turkey meatloaf and salad
S:  Fudgesicles
Liz R.
on 1/11/09 9:13 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Keri! I am sure hoping for it!

Oh and I found the sandwich crisps - got the LAST pack at Giant! haven't tried them yet but maybe for dinner tonight.

Liz
Pam Hart
on 1/11/09 10:15 pm - Easton, PA
Ok...so I packed up a nice healthy bag of stuff for work today so there are no excuses for me caving.  This PMS thing is crazy, ain't it??  Sounds like maybe you, me, and Mary should not be in the same room together with any male folk...they might die just for looking at us wrong :)  I hope the pouch/intestines feel better soon....speaking of TMI today was the first day of a somewhat 'normal' bm for me since me being sick last wed/thurs  Granted, food started going down easier by Friday....and wasn't running through me within seconds...but it was still going through unusually...anyway...enough of that as I start to talk about food.

B:  2 cheesesticks 16gm
S:  Greek yogurt 17gm
L:  Salad w/ chicken/cheese from Wawa (I tossed a good portion of the bacon it came with) 25gm
S:  Protein chocolate pudding (Thanks LIsa!) 20gm

Then it will be home for a nap and I'll figure the rest out - but I am well over my 50gm minimum for the day - so I'll be ok.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ladychief231
on 1/11/09 10:16 pm - Douglassville, PA
Hi All,

I've been with you all on the back to basics but haven't posted until today. Hope to contribute more. The sandwich crisp thingys are quite nice toasted. I love when you all post new things to try.

B: Special K plus P, skim milk, coffee
S: Newton Crisp. (new 100 cal. sweet treat) they taste like poptarts and I used to be a BIG poptart fan. yum.
L: Spicy chicken boca on a toasted sand. crisp
S: Chobani w/ SF jelly
D: not sure yet. maybe left over meatloaf.
S: CLICK

Exercise: 10 miles on the bike...30 min.

Have a good day everyone!
T
danilee30
on 1/11/09 10:28 pm - PIttsburgh, PA

Hi PA Forum,

Hang in there Liz...you will feel better.  I hope you all don't mind if I join your post.  I see several on the main boards, but they can become overwhelming.  I have posted at other times on the PA forum. 

I have to be careful with exercise b/c I have a humongous abdominal hernia...quadruple.  I did join and indoor pool and am starting water aerobics tonight.  I also hope to join a gym and start with bikes and spinning.  I am going to do the pool now and see how that works.  I haven't exercised since surgery in April.  My weight loss is slowing and it is time.

My food for today:

B - Skim Milk
L - Buffalo Chicken Soup with Blue Cheese Crumbles...piece of spinach egg bake
S - NSA 100 calorie pack kettle corn...lowfat cheese
D - Green bean and Chicken Salad....with some lowfat cheese, lemon and oil dressing.

Hope everyone has a great and productive Monday.

Danna

Liz R.
on 1/11/09 10:30 pm - Easton, PA
Danna - good luck with that hernia! Are their plans to remove it?

Welcome aboard!

Liz
danilee30
on 1/11/09 10:33 pm - PIttsburgh, PA

Thanks Liz, yes they will repair it.  The surgeon would like me to lose 40 more lbs, then a plastic surgeon will do the repair and the tummy tuck.

Thanks,

Danna

Heather D.
on 1/11/09 11:47 pm - OH
LIz - get well soon!!!!

B- Homemade Beef Veggie Soup
L- Taco Salad
S - Activia Yogurt with 2tbsp of Kashi Cereal and 1 tbsp of chia seeds
D- Same as lunch
S - Protein Shake

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!

Most Active