Hello Everyone!

djamison
on 1/11/09 1:12 am - Ephrata, PA

I got a call from my surgeon's office last week with an approval! I am very excited! My date is Feb 25th. Anyone have any helpful tips for the upcoming month I have to wait? I am so afraid I am going to have "this is my last meal" syndrome! Dr. Alan Brader is my surgeon..any other fellow Brader patients out there?

Laureen S.
on 1/11/09 1:21 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Congratulations on getting your date!  There are many "Brader Babies" as they refer to themselves and you are in some of the best possible hands with Dr. Brader, as I know most of his patients will attest to. . .

As for "last meal syndrome" . . .  I'm sure you got the rules from Dr. Brader and his team and the sooner you start living with making healthy choices, begin a regime of exercise and such, the better equipped you will be for the post-WLS life.

So best wishes, the Brader Babies will be weighing in soon, I'm sure.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 1/11/09 2:09 am - Lancaster, PA
where do you live?  I am in Lancaster where he is now running the LGH bariatric program.
I had him. I LOVE THIS MAN. He saved my life and he is still there for me now. I will tell you this, he is serious if you gain weight he will postpone the surgery.

I did this before I followed south beach type of diet prior to surgery and I had one day a week where I said good bye to foods LOL. In all reality there are very few foods I said good bye to that I cannot have now. I was very unrealistic about what we can have down the road. Some of the things I said goodbye to make me laugh because I have no desire for them now, or if i have tried them post op they just dont hold the same joy.

One thing I did say goodbye to that I cannot have is the sugar I made a promise to myself to not eat it after the surgery and it is a decision that has worked for me. But that said there are so many SF dessert recipes etc that I rarely feel bad about it.

The one and only thing that I said goodbye to, that I cannot have now are doughnuts. I miss them. A hot Krispy Kreme Donought mm mm. But 2 years out i dont cry over hot donughts.
Good luck and please let me know how I can help you

Nicole
djamison
on 1/11/09 9:24 am - Ephrata, PA
I live in Ephrata..not too far away!  It is very comforting to know it is going to be OK. Do you go to the support group meetings? Keep in touch!!
Nicole0216
on 1/11/09 10:27 am - Lancaster, PA
I do not go, i work at night and I am so far out that the group tends to be newbies
i have old timer friends here i hang with LOL
please feel free to ask any questions
when you have your surgery i will be your angel if you want
CherylT
on 1/11/09 3:53 am - Perkasie, PA
Welcome and good luck. :)

Liz R.
on 1/11/09 4:05 am - Easton, PA
WElcome aboard! I too am a Brader Baby. Dr BRader is an amazing surgeon and a wonderful man. You will not be disappointed! His staff is teriffic as well.

I am with Nicole - don't let yourself gain any weight pre-op saying good bye to foods. I had gained 12 pounds from my consultation until my PAT and I had to loose 9 before my surgery date. Live life like a post op and you will be better prepared for surgery

Best of luck with the journey - you won't be disappointed!

Liz
deeg
on 1/11/09 4:48 am - Quakertown, PA
Congratulations are in order......just like everyone said, start living now like a WLS person and you will come out with flying colors!   Welcome to the loser's bench!

Dee
hopegirl66
on 1/11/09 8:57 am - Downingtown, PA
Congrats on getting approved and getting a surgery date!!!
djamison
on 1/11/09 9:21 am - Ephrata, PA
Thanks so much for all the support! I am trying really hard not to say "goodbye" to foods and I am doing ok..I am so excited/nervous! I like Brader's staff, they are very nice and I love going to the support group meetings. They are very helpful! And so is this website :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views