OT: Mom and other stuff

ktreavis
on 1/11/09 7:24 am - PA
Thanks everyone, I just got home from the hospital and spoke to the cardiologist, mom is swelling from the steroids that she is on, makes sense, she slept most of the time that we were at the hospital, which I don't know how she possibly could since we were screaming with excitement at the EAGLES....anyway, the two teams of doctors, cardiologists and pulmonologists will be meeting tomorrow to come up with a plan for her treatment. I still don't know how long she will be in the hospital, but that is the best place for her right now.
Thank you all again for your care and support.

Katie

Progress not perfection

Arlene E.
on 1/11/09 8:11 am - Philadelphia, PA

Katie

I am thinking about you and your family.  Watching someone we love suffer is so difficult. Somehow we find the strength to get through all of this.  We are all here for you.

Arlene 

dit657
on 1/11/09 8:20 am - Boothwyn, PA
Katie, big hugs to you and many prayers to you and your mom and family. It sounds like you're doing this all yourself and I know how difficult that can be - but to echo everyone else, Norm is right - you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for, but trust me, I know from experience that sometimes you don't want to be the strong one - you want to be able to just let it all out and cry in someone's shoulder and not have to be strong. You have all our shoulders here so go ahead and let loose - it can be very soothing and release a lot of pent up stress. My favorite place to do that is in the shower where I can wail my lungs out and nobody can hear me over the sound of the water.

Take care - keep us posted on your mom and on how you're doing...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/09 10:27 am
Katie...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  This is such a difficult time for you, but like Norm said....you are very strong and can handle anything that comes your way.  Know that we are all here for you as well.

HG
bubble273
on 1/11/09 10:51 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Katie,l

I'm so, so sorry that you are going through so much stuff right now.  Please take care and stay strong...you can do it!!  I will keep you and your mom and family in my thoughts and prayers!!

Karen

LindaScrip
on 1/11/09 1:44 pm
Katie I have a friend who has connections to the prayer chain so I will call her and get you and your Mom on it. What is your mom's name? And I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. I will have my friend Maryann do her prayer chain and put in a good word with the boss. Hugs and best wishes. Take care
Lisa H.
on 1/11/09 9:07 pm - Whitehall, PA
Hey Katie, I'm so sorry to hear that mom is having so many issues.   I went through this with my mom a few years ago and I know how hard it can be, especially if you are the one needing to be strong.  We are here for you just as you have been here for us.  Take this time to reflect on all of the good times that you have had as a family.   Even if mom is sleeping, talk to her.  Tell her everything you have always wanted to tell her about your great times together.  It is never too late to have hope.  Just letting her remember the old times may help give her the strength she needs to pull through this.  It will also give you happy thoughts!! I will keep you all in my prayers!

My tracker

hers 

Lslaven
on 1/11/09 11:08 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie:
You and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers.  I know how close you are to her and how hard this must be on you.  As Susan has already said, we are here for you whenever you may need us, don't hesitate to reach out. 
Luv Ya,
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views