OT: Mom and other stuff

ktreavis
on 1/11/09 2:08 am - PA
I want to apologize in advance if this post goes all over the place but my emotions are all over the place right now. Mom has been in the hospital since January 2nd and she is not getting any better. In fact she is getting worse today. Let me explain: she went into the hospital with an irregular heartbeat and was told she would need to have her heart shocked back into rhythm earlier this week, then on Sunday her breathing got really bad....the dr.'s told us that the medication she has been on to help with her heart for the last year has negatively affected her lungs, she already has COPD, so how they could have gotten worse I don't know......so we have been waiting all week to try and get the breathing under control so that they can take care of the heart issues, well the breathing isn't getting any better, then they take her off of the IV drugs for her heart and give them to her orally, her body doesn't respond....now today she is ordered to stay in bed b/c her legs are full of fluid.....I know this sounds drastic, but if I lose my mom right now, I will seriously need to be committed.....
SOme of you may know that one of the reasons I made this decision to have my surgery was b/c of my brother, well tomorrow will make a year since he passed away...that has all of its own memories and ****
so anyhow, I just needed to get that out, maybe just writing through it will help me,
I think I have held it together pretty well for now, I have still been going to the gym everyday and trying really hard to take care of myself. Please keep my family in mind, everyone is stressed and I am trying to be as strong as possible, not sure how much longer that strength will last, since I am looking at the screen through tear filled eyes...thanks everyone

Katie

Progress not perfection

cleos_mom
on 1/11/09 2:17 am - phila., PA
Hi Katie
I will keep your Mom and family in my prayers, stay calm for your Mom. I f you need to ttalk or vent we are here for you
hugs Susan
ktreavis
on 1/11/09 7:19 am - PA
Thanks Susan

Progress not perfection

Laureen S.
on 1/11/09 2:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Katie,

Please know that the friends you have here are here to help you.  If there is anything I can do personally, please let me know, my prayers are for you to have the strength necessary to get through this very tough time.   Hoping that your Mom gets better soon.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

CherylT
on 1/11/09 3:44 am - Perkasie, PA
My heart goes out to you. Thinking of you and your family.

Liz R.
on 1/11/09 3:56 am - Easton, PA
KAtie - love hugs and prayers going out to your and your family! Just remember to take care of yourself through all of this! You don't want to get yourself sick on top of everything else

Liz
Nicole0216
on 1/11/09 4:05 am - Lancaster, PA
Katie

There is so much power in a good vent and spew. This is the best place to do it, we have strong shoulders. I am so sorry you are going through so much. Please if there is anything we can do we will do it. this group when imobilized moves mountains. i have seen it.

where do you live? What hospital is mom in? 
Hang in there come here and vent as often as you need
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/09 4:15 am - Eastern, PA
First and foremost, your entire family is in my prayers. We're all hoping for positive resolution.

Secondly, you are much stronger and more resilient than you give yourself credit for. I see it, and I know others do as well. You are a different person than you were before, INSIDE and out.

Don't sell yourself short.
Pam Hart
on 1/11/09 5:49 am - Easton, PA
Katie,

Norm's response is so unbelievably true.  Hear his words and believe them.

I am very sorry to hear of all of this - and will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for a better outcome soon.

Call if you need anything...including just to vent

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 1/11/09 7:01 am - PA
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  What Norm said is VERY true and something you should read over and over and over and....you get the idea.  Feeling your emotions and venting/processing them is not weakness - it's pretty damn strong.

Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views