Questions for the girls...

Shannon O.
on 1/11/09 8:59 am - Reading, PA
yeah already got RX creams (3 different kinds) from the family doc...

cleos_mom
on 1/11/09 2:23 am - phila., PA
Hi
 You have to keep that area very dry, Iused athletes foot  powder, it seemed to work even better then the cremes
good luck
Susan
Shannon O.
on 1/11/09 8:58 am - Reading, PA
the RX cream I have is better than that stuff... but you can't use either on certain girly part because they are considered open areas... learned that the hard way a long time ago lol...

victoria3
on 1/11/09 11:10 pm - Douglassville, PA

Ask your PCP for Nystatin Powder- it is the powder form of Nystatin cream- which is used for yeast skin infections- does the job of getting rid of the yeast and keeping things dry with out the mess.

Best of Luck!

ilively
on 1/12/09 4:52 am
I had a bladder tuck 12 ... 14 years ago (time flies!) and was cut from hip to hip at my hairline to help fix a prolapsing uterus.  It pulled up the bladder, but the uterus never went back into place -- it half-fills my vaginal cavity when I'm sitting, but rolls back into place when I'm prone on my back.

As a result of the bladder tuck, I have an apron/droop belly.  Because of the prolapsing uterus, I can't wear tampons, so it's completely pads for me.  Because of the 'shape' of the droop belly, sometimes my flo doesn't go down into the pad, but travels up in my fat crease, and comes out my thigh/hip.  [ICK!]  

Why am I saying this?  Well, during that time, it's certainly hard to keep clean/dry.  

Things I've done: 

Switch to all cotton panties

Change frequently.

During 'moist/sweaty' days, I do what I did for my son .... desitin! (Yes, diaper rash cream).  It keeps things dry, and helps heal any cracks/soreness.  They make in in original (white- zinc oxide) and clear (more or less vasoline)

Of course, all the 'normal' things w/ infection ... change towels frequently (use a separate hand towel for that area? use it only once, and put it in the wash).

Be careful w/ the hair dryer, even on low, because there's still some heat put out, and it only increases chance of yeast growth.

Be sure to talk candidly w/ your OB/GYN when you get in.

As for not being moist, when you should be, you're dealing with other things right now. It's okay to NOT be ready in an instant.  There are cremes/oils for that too ... but, read the label and consult your OB/GYN before using those during a 'breakout'.

Best of luck, hon!
Ida
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views