Questions for the girls...

Shannon O.
on 1/11/09 12:47 am - Reading, PA
First off... guys... if you leave some stupid comment on this so help me God I will get you... and not in the good way... this is very serious to me... so no smart butt comments!

Ok, now with that said... since September I have been dealing with various girl issues... 4 bladder infections, 3 skin yeast infections, lack of wetness when needed, and general strange-ness in that down there area...

Well, in trying to figure things out and coming up clueless I decided to do something strnage (in Jeremy's book) and stood on Lorelei's stool (for brushing teeth) in the bathroom and lifted up my fat roll to take a look down there... in the last month (from the last time I looked down there to deal with a skin yeast infection) things look even stranger... you know those dogs with the big flappy jaw lines... well that is what my girl bits look like... so I understand a lot better why that area keeps getting sick... lol... but I have no idea what to do... my OBGYN can't see me for 2 + weeks (and yes I am looking for a new one... might pick one that uses LHVH)...

Now after every shower I use a hair dryer on low and cool to make sure everything is dry... I use a little gold bond baby powder on the fold of my fat roll, I have RX creams for the yeast infections etc... but I am still having a heck of a time keeping things healthy... and I still have about 88 pounds to loose and hoping to get pregnant after I lose 50 pounds... so plastics are out of the question for now...

But, have any of you other girls have these issues? How did you keep things good etc... my family doc is at a lost for the most part... he just told me to keep things dry etc... HELP... PLEASE lol...

Liz R.
on 1/11/09 12:51 am - Easton, PA
Shannon - sorry to hear that you are having such issues. It is a shame that the GYN can't see you sooner. I know it would be a bit uncomfortable  but maybe Dr Bow can offer a suggestion? I would have to agree with the keep it dry thing. Gold bond powder and drying really well. My only concern for you is what is going to happen this summer when it is hot and sweaty downt here - that's going to be very uncomfortable. What about some kind of a cotton support garment that will help to absorb any moisture?

*hugs* hope that this helps!

humm just thinking - what about some kind of an all natural spray deoderent without perfumes? just a thought

Liz
Shannon O.
on 1/11/09 9:05 am - Reading, PA
yeah I am so scared about this summer... I can't even imgine... I also haven't really worked out either from being sick and then the asthma issues that came up... I want to take some of the water classes at the gym but right now I can't even imagine dealing with the chemaicals down there lol...

I will have to look for a natural spray for down there because it does get funky smelling from time to time too lol...

I knew I would have skin issues... just didn't think I would get them down there lol...

Nicole0216
on 1/11/09 1:00 am - Lancaster, PA
shannon you are brave but I am proud of you for post this. I think we all have some weirdness after, I will PM you some of the issues I have had that are bizaree LOL.

The gold bond is medicated and probably not the best choice. I would use plain old non talc baby powder or corn starch type powders. It sounds like the extra tissues just end up being like a spounge holdling onto the fluids, bacteria yeast etc. You may end up needed a small cosmetix procedure eventually.

I would definately see the OBGYN asasp. Call your surgeon he may have more experience with this than you think. But basically all that tissue was full of fat etc and has now deflated much like our boobs do but " down there" it can be very difficult to deal with.

You can make sure things are dry right out of the shower but what are you supposed to do the rest of the day? Keep whipping out the hair dryer?
pieparty
on 1/11/09 1:29 am - Milroy , PA
Thank you for being so brave to post this. I am still post op but I have alot of hanging belly etc. I have been really worried about what is going to happen when it all starts deflating. And to make matters worse we just put in a woodstove that is keeping our house about 85 or so and I am constantly sweating. I have some Feminine Wash (like Summer's Eve) It helps to kill excess bacteria caused by wetness. Now it is for urine incontinence (which I also have a problem with) but it does seem to help me with the other issues from sweating and being wet. Along with a corn startch type powder. I hope you find something that helps and please let us know.
LindaScrip
on 1/11/09 1:31 am
I swear Shannon no stupid comments.  Here is what my doctor prescribed for me its a scrub called Phisohex 3% it comes in a pretty green bottle and Bactroban Cream mupirocin calcium cream 2% and it so helps.  As far as your girly parts not to be funny I had my first urinary tract infection last friday I thought I was gonna die! Not the one where when you feel like you have to pee a gallon and a trickle domes out and it burns so bad that you wanna pee standing up but right above my right butt cheek I felt this weird odd strange thing that felt like my kidney was struggling to get out of my body and then it went away and when I got home and sat on the couch it came back in ten folds so I ran to the doctor's office and tried to piddle in that almight sample cup and maybe got 4 drops out and he told me I had blood in my urine and now I take an antibiotic and purple pills that make me pee orange, (talk about being artistic) so try Phisohel and Bactroban and find a doctor that doesn't make you wait so long its not an "emergency" but its uncomfortable for you so they should squeeze you is or put you on stand-by if theres a cancellation. And yeast infections use Diflucan not that cream **** its a pill you can take. Creams down there are messy. I agree lose the gold bond.
Shannon O.
on 1/11/09 9:08 am - Reading, PA
I am going to call my doctor about those things tomorrow...

I was so happy because it had been YEARS since I had a bladder infection and here I am getting them now every month... and that is scary...

Shannon O.
on 1/11/09 1:44 am - Reading, PA
I'm using the baby verison of gold bond... which is very different than the normal gold bond stuff... corn starch can cause fungus to grow... my obgyn told me not to use that... normal baby powder doesn't seem to work on keeping things dry... it just turns into a paste and then when it does dry... i leave a trail of powder in clumps lol...

I have also taking to wearing pads all the time and change them to help keep things dry...

But, I think I will call Boe tomorrow... but then again I still haven't heard back from him on my 1 year blood test results done in Sept lol...

I know that I will need major plastics done... I can't wear the shirt size I need because of my upper arms... and the skin sag there is just getting worse and worse each time I work out... I think I just have horrible skin because it just isn't boucing back at all... I won't even go into the horrible back pain from the boobs... which are still a DDD... argh...

see my matra is still true... it sucks being a girl!!! LOL!

oobiebus
on 1/11/09 2:01 am - pottstown, PA
Hey girl,No stupid comments from me,Just wanted to say try gold bond medicated powder,I swear by it and yes i get the same issues,and yes keeping it dry helps,and the powder has helped me in many ways! Try calling your surgeon and see what they might suggest or even your primary doc!Hope you resolve these issues!Hugs trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

ktreavis
on 1/11/09 2:13 am - PA
I had some of these issues shortly after surgery and my PCP helped me out with powders and a cream, if you have a good doc they may even call something in for you. Hope you are feeling better soon..

Katie

Progress not perfection

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views