***Sunday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 1/10/09 1:16 pm - Easton, PA
Well...I'm exhausted...and have 6hrs and 47 minutes left (but whose counting?)  I was wired when I got home this morning....so I didn't make to bed till after 9am.  Then....I woke up at 1pm to use the potty and couldn't go back to sleep so I was up till after 2....of course had to wake up 1/2 hour early on top of that to defrost the car and head out early for work.  blech.

And they have me sitting in an area with no patients at the moment - and it's FREEZING back here.  Now, granted - nice to not be working to hard at the moment - but on nights like this I would prefer to be busy - a) to make the clock MOVE and b) to keep me awake.

So Sundays plan now that I am done complaining....will probably consist of a nice hot shower, something to eat, and going to bed.  I have work again tonight so I'll be getting up and going there...to be followed by much of the same on Monday.

Well - have a great sunday....now to stay awake for a little bit longer!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 1/10/09 2:16 pm - Reading, PA
snort... well just got done watching SNL... and looking at posts... and don't have to work in the morning... not sure if we will make it to church because of the crazy weather...

But, I need to do laundry, dishes, and put some of Lore's clothes away... she also wants rolls and sausage gravy for breakfast (and yes I found a way to make it healthy hehehe)... she is also feeling better because she is eatting us out of house and home today... or well on Saturday lol... 4 pieces of sugar free jelly covered baby toes (baby toast- the sunbean bread has a little girl on it so she calls it baby toast lol), 5 blueberry muffins (which she calls cakes but it sounds like ****s lol)... 3 tacos (sounds like TOT OOs), 4 sippies- half filled with yogurt (trying to gain back the 4.5 pounds she lost being sick), 3oz of chicken, 1 cheese stick, 5 chips, 4 cherry tomatoes, 3 oranges... and 1 popcicle and half an ice cream sandwich... omg I didn't realize how much she ate... I think I will have to find a way to the gym... because that is going to be one MASSIVE poop diaper lol...

Well, I am off to bed... got a funny girl post for all ya girls... but will do that later so I don't sound crazy lol...

shoutjoy
on 1/10/09 7:09 pm - Culpeper, VA
Good morning!

I used to work nights. I liked it and I didnt like it.  What I didn't like about it is I'd average about 3 hours of sleep a day.  I am not a good day sleeper.  I don't care how dark I make the room.

Anyway, today is church and then... I am hoping I can overcome this attitude of mine and get downstairs and do some dancing.  I need to keep it up even though I can't afford the lessons.  It is good exercise and I always feel better afterwards.  I just get in this funk!  Anyway, that is my challenge for the day.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Pam Hart
on 1/10/09 7:45 pm - Easton, PA
As a bit of an update....

We were actually overstaffed last night.  From 7-9 I wandered around being "PRN nurse" (PRN in medical terminology for meds and what not means "as needed" so I basically helped other nurses out "as needed")  Then from 9-1am I was in "express care" or fast track....which is the bump and bruise area of the ER...took care of all of 3 patients in that area....then from 1-3 I was back to being "PRN nurse" sending everyone to break and what not.  And at 3am I was given the option to go home and use 4 hours of PTO....which of course I did! 

Came home...watched some TV and fell asleep for a few hours.  Hubby JUST realized I was home.  Good thing I wasn't a robber cleaning the place out.

As an aside - the roads at 3am were actually  FINE.  78 was wet but I went slow just in case any portions of the "wet" was actually ice.  The secondary roads (such as Sullivan Trail by my house and stuff) were a little sloppy - but coming from jersey where their idea of plowing is looking at it and going "wow - the road is white not black" I was quite impressed.  Even MY street you could see black top on - whoa!!  And hubby had shoveled the walk and the whole two car driveway while I was gone - nice!

So I'm up for a little bit now...and will probably be back in bed by 9ish.

It was a nice surprise!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/09 8:36 pm - Eastern, PA
Plan on enjoying a lazy day at home today, broken up by some time to shovel the sidewalks.

But mostly lazy, lots of FOOTBALL!

Hope you guys have a great day
Pam Hart
on 1/10/09 9:02 pm - Easton, PA
Yes...I believe today is the day that the giants are scheduled to redeem themselves against the eagles and move one step closer towards a two in a row super bowl championship??
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/09 11:36 pm - Eastern, PA
I'm a Steelers fan who roots for the Eagles because of geographic cir****tances.

So that's the game I'm really excited about today.
deeg
on 1/10/09 9:00 pm - Quakertown, PA
Hello!  I got up alittle earlier to do a load of laundry before I head off to church.  After church I will go out for lunch with my parents and their friends (which by the way are funny as all heck!)  After lunch it is off to the gym before spending the rest of the day watching football (Go Steelers!)  I hope everyone has a fabulous day and be careful on the roads today!
Dee
Liz R.
on 1/10/09 10:09 pm - Easton, PA
Good MOrning All - I don't have any concrete plans today. I would like to work on a sewing project. I have a chicken out to roast for dinner and I need to prep my food for the week to take to work.

Pam - glad that you made it home ok - I was wondering how the roads would be. Ours look OK but a bit icy.

Shannon - I was thinking about you yesterday! hadn't seen you around in a while and I was wondering how Lore was feeling - glad that she is feeling better

I am going to spend some quality time with hubby - now that he is working this odd shift we really don't get to see eachother much,

WEll have a great sunday all!

Liz
CherylT
on 1/10/09 10:15 pm, edited 1/10/09 10:17 pm - Perkasie, PA
I have so many things I have to do I am a bit confused.....lol. Maybe more than usual.

My son came into my room this morning, wakes me up and starts asking me if I'll drive him back to college tomorrow (Bloomsburg). I SHOULDN'T, after the fit he had the other night when I laid down the law and he didn't agree. But hey, HE'S GOING BACK....lol. My car BETTER not take a crap on me halfway home. So, my car's gotta be loaded up TODAY with all his stuff and we'll have to be out of here early tomorrow after I get the girls on the bus, and I need to get back here to get them from drama club tommorrow at 5.

I should go to church today. I went last week and was bored and restless outta my mind. sigh. How bad is it that I find myself checkin out the guys while sitting in church?

Want to get the house organized and get laundry done, mop the floor, vacuum, etc. There's this box in my upstairs hallway that's been there for YEARS, filled with my son's stuff and God only knows what else, that I have been telling myself every day that I'm gonna attempt to put in the basement.

Okay enough rambling. it helps to get this stuff down sometimes. I suppose that's why we do it, right?

;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views