Pam - I did it! Best Brownies Ever!!

Liz R.
on 1/10/09 5:24 am - Easton, PA
ALright -so since surgery it has been my goal (and ultimate craving) to make the best brownie ever - and well, I did it!! I think anyway! lol

These are not for anyone but the ultimate chocolate lover - they are dense, rich and OMG!

I am going to make these for everyone to try next weekend at the cooking class. I will be making them ahead of time because they have to cool completely then go in the fridge.

SO here goes nothing!

I did adapt / tweak this from my Aunt's recipe called "Best Brownies Ever" so I shall simply call them Liz's Best Brownies Ever (creative I know)

6 T smart balance Margarine ( I would assume you can use another vegetable oil based spread but this is my favorite)
3 ounces sugar free chocolate chips
3 ounces unsweetened (bakers) chocolate
1/2 cup diabetisweet sugar
1/2 cup diabetisweet brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a small saucepan (I use a non-stick frying pan for easy clean-up) melt margarine and chocolates. Meanwhile in a bowl combine remaining ingredients. Pour chocolate over and mix thouroughly. DO NOT OVERMIX! you just want it combined.'

line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour mix into pan. Top with nuts if desired. I used Pecans and they toasted up really nicely and were super yummy! Bake for 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack (IN PAN) until completely cool, put in the refrigerator for several hours. Remove brownies from pan by inverting onto a cutting board. Cut into 2" squares. You can also make these in mini muffin cups - bake for 12-15 minutes.

Now as a true indulgence I would enjoy these with a small scoop of sugar free ice cream.

Hope you guys enjoy as much as I do!

Liz
lauraanne715
on 1/10/09 6:08 am - Pottstown, PA
OMG Liz!!! This sounds to die for good!! I have got to get my husband to make these as he is the chef and true baker in the family!  Ohhh yummy!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

rivardstarr
on 1/10/09 7:28 am - phoenixville, PA
Liz,
All our stomachs owe their smiles to your creativity! The brownies sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Chris
ShaunainHarleysville
on 1/10/09 7:48 am - Harleysville, PA
And you DON'T FEEL WELL?????  I'm not sure I want to see what happens when you're reallllly on your game my friend.  Thank Goodness I'll be there next week.  When I started reading the ingredient list, I was hoping that I would have all of it here, or see that Giant would stock it, but NOOOOOO of course they don't have Diabetisweet of any kind.  Is there another one like a Splenda replacment that could be used?.   If not, oh well.  I have a week of travel at work that will tide me over.  See you next week!

Shauna
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
Liz R.
on 1/10/09 8:23 am - Easton, PA
Shauna - You can substitue Spelnda for both - but the texture is different. I wasn't as happy with them. The diabetisweet (Shannon found at Target and some of the bilk foods stors have them) operates just like sugar. I'll have plenty to sample.

LOL and no I don't feel well - but I refuse to let the sickness win! I did my fair share of resting too They are SOOOOOOOOOO easy to make!
Mary Benford
on 1/10/09 8:21 am - Emmaus, PA
Liz...... 

(This may be TMI, but ah well....)    As a female who's majorly pmsing and jonesing for some chocolate....   I WANT IT NOW!

:)

i don't even know where to get those ingredients, but if i had some, I'd be making me some chcoolate brownies right about now....

And not sitting here with my stupid mouth watering lol.

Awesome recipe!  Hope i get to try it sometime.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Liz R.
on 1/10/09 8:25 am - Easton, PA
MAry - that is EXACTLY what started my need for brownies!!! I get the diabetisweet from vitacost.com -- of course I buy about 10 boxes at a time lol You can substitue splenda but they won't be the same texture.
Nicole0216
on 1/10/09 8:40 am - Lancaster, PA
the holy grail of chocolate,,,,,I have not had thee for many moons, could it be that I may have you again? I am so glad I am coming to your house sat
Lisa H.
on 1/10/09 10:13 am - Whitehall, PA
HOLY CHOCOLATE BATMAN!! They sound SOOOO good.  Glad I'll be there to try them, too! I am a chocoholic and that is one big scare for me post-op. 

My tracker

hers 

Gail M.
on 1/10/09 11:35 am - Scranton, PA

Liz,
   I wasn't even aware that hey sold choc chips that are sugar free.    Do they sell them with the regular choc chips?  OMG I'm dying to try these.  Thank you for working so hard to perfect this recipes.  I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy the ingredients!

Gail

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views