the self police

LindaScrip
on 1/10/09 1:01 am
I was in Sam's club friday and before surgery I used to get the cashew nuts in a jar and chow them down and I just wanted to say that I saw them and wanted them and had to say to myself Linda if its not in the house you won't eat them so I compromised and went to Giant and got a little bag just to satisfy the craving and I know it has high fat but I was making a good choice not to get the big jar and only had a few of them instead of retreating to my old destructive eating habits. Not easy to do but I felt better.  Self disapline s**ks but so worth it.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/09 3:10 am - Eastern, PA
It is self discipline like this that will be a huge asset to staying on track in the long run. Good for you for drawing your line in the sand!
Liz R.
on 1/10/09 3:17 am - Easton, PA
Good Work Linda!!

rivardstarr
on 1/10/09 7:32 am - phoenixville, PA
Linda,
Good job in the self control dept. What was esp. great is that you came up with an alternate choice that was satisfying and didn't let yourself binge on something else out of frustration.
Keep up the good work.
Chris
ShaunainHarleysville
on 1/10/09 7:34 am - Harleysville, PA
The first, excellent, well chosen step in a very long and enjoyable marathon!  Very good decision making.  You should be quite proud!

Shauna
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
Pam Hart
on 1/10/09 12:44 pm - Easton, PA
Self discipline is a wonderful thing and something that I am still working on...some days are better than others.  Way to go AND for coming up with a solution to the problem!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views