***Saturday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 1/9/09 6:59 pm - Easton, PA
Well the last time I was outside it was not snowing out.  Seeing as though I dont' have windows where I work...I don't know if it has started.  As a precaution, I did remember to park my car in the bottom level of our parking deck so if it HAS started snowing, I won't need to scrape my car!  Whoo hoo!

Anyway - todays plan is to get home and get to bed. 

I don't have the luxury of parking in a parking deck, covered, when I get home...so I need to get up early to A)  Pre heat and scrape my car and then B) leave most likely at least 1/2 hour earlier than I normally do.  Hubby will probably want to take me to work tonight especially if it is "bad" out - and that is very sweet - but I hate it.  I just like knowing I have my car here....be it I need it or not...and I also feel that's 2 extra trips in the car for him...which puts him at extra risk (and me, I might add....)  So we'll see.  It's normally a whole big discussion in our house.

So...I will get some sleep before I have to get up and deal with all that.

Have a safe fun enjoyable snow day all!!

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
deeg
on 1/9/09 7:23 pm - Quakertown, PA
First, I have to get my bloodwork done for my 3 mo. appt w/ Dr. P., then I need to go to work to scan a patient being that I am on call again.  That will take me until about 10:00.  After that, barring the weather is cooperating, I plan on going to the gym for about an hour of cardio.  Then home it is to clean alittle and be with my pooch (at least until I get called in to work again).
Have a fabulous day, everyone!  Be careful in the snow!
Dee
Liz R.
on 1/9/09 8:42 pm - Easton, PA
Well PAm unfortunately it has been snowing here since about 6 - I hope that you make it to and from work safe and sound today.

I am just hanging out at home, still not feeling well. I do plan to get a few things accomplished since hubby is working. I need to get some fabric folded and put away and might start into a sewing project. I also need to organize the list of things to bring for the cooking class next weekend.

Other then that just a lazy day at home.

Be careful if you do go out today!

Liz
SPANKAROO
on 1/9/09 8:46 pm
 hey  all just  checking in from easton pa  ugh its snowing  out thank goodness  i live half mile from the gym  which im about to go to hugssssssss all  keep up the great work  

spankaroo    aka   george
bubble273
on 1/9/09 8:47 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Saturday morning everyone!!!

Well, I wasn't happy when I woke up because of seeing some snow on the ground.  Don't get me wrong, I really like the snow.  But when you're throwing a 70th surprise birthday party for your dad, you don't want to have any kind of a weather issue like right now.  But I believe in my area they just said it's going to turn to rain later on.  YEAHHHHHHH!!  So I think we're safe.

So anyway, this morning I'm about to eat my oatmeal.  Then I will jump in the shower to get all nice and clean and pretty.  Then I will be heading to the bowling alley for Connor's junior bowling this morning.  Will have to pick up the cake and rolls afterwards.  And then go and get my dad.  He thinks  he's going to dinner but stopping at my brother's first to open gifts.  He hasn't a clue!!!  And I haven't told Connor....so there will be two surprises.  I'm sooooooooooo excited. 

Well, have a great Saturday.  Be safe out there wherever you are!!

Karen

lauraanne715
on 1/9/09 9:14 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning everyone!

Well there is just a dusting of snow right now but it looks like it is starting to now fall...hopefully it will not be bad.  I really wanted to go to Target today.  But if I can not go I am going to work on making some pillows and a new skirt with the sewing machine dear hubby bought me for Christmas.  I have all the fabric and so I think I may start those projects and save the needlepoint for later!  I am always starting a new craft project before the other one is finished--but I can finish sewing projects much faster now with the sewing machine!! LOL

Other than that I willprobally start organizing things in the living room that can be packed up for when we move.  We are definitely clearing out a lot of stuff we don't need or use anymore.  So if there is anything worth giving away I'll post it here for you guys!

Hope everyone has a safe and not so snowy day!!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

shoutjoy
on 1/9/09 9:33 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

It's snowing, believe me lol.  A very fine snow now, but we are supposed to get several inches.  I don't have a covered parking area either. 

Today, we may stay in, but really need to go to recycling.  Iy's open only on Saturday 9-12pm.

I plan to do stuff around the house, that's it for today.

Paula

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Andy Kovatch
on 1/9/09 9:54 pm - York, PA
Good morning PA,

Well, it looks like the weather may actually agree with me this morning.  I was watching NBC and they said there will be a break from the snow until around 4 and then a mix of snow and rain.  That works because I'm riding with my sister to the airport to pick up my nephew, who's returning from toughing out 8 horrible days of 90 degree weather.

This afternoon and tonight we football lovers get to watch two real good playoff games, wetting my appetite getting ready for the Eagles tomorrow.  Somewhere in there I'll try to get a run in as I've begun my road work getting ready for the Broad Street 10 mile run in May.

Everybody stay safe and be careful, especially those in the Lehigh Valley.  My daughter lives in Allentown and I know how brutal the weather can get up there.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Mary Benford
on 1/10/09 12:03 am, edited 1/10/09 12:28 am - Emmaus, PA
I can't speak for everyone....   But I can speak personally....

I don't want to see your face on this board.

At all.

You can probably pick up and go back into whatever hole you came from      :)

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Andy Kovatch
on 1/10/09 1:22 am - York, PA

Glad to see you've grown up Mary.  It might be time to remember where you came from and get over yourself.  I'm not going to get into a war of words with you because you are so not worth my time.  Basically what I'm trying to say here is it doesn't matter if you want to see my face on this board or not.  You have no idea how many pm's I receive from people on here that tell me to just ignore you, a lot of whom you probably thought were your friends.  So, after this response, I'm going to take their advice.  Obviously in your eyes I do not exist.  The feelings are now mutual.  This world existed prior to us coming into it and it will continue to do so after we leave it.  Life goes on.

If you want to continue on with your negativity towards me, feel free.  Just rest assure that I will not reply, so you will be talking to yourself.  So go ahead with your second grade bantering and feel good about yourself in the process.  It's actually laughable.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1991 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views