my kids food

sbrunell
on 1/10/09 10:55 am - Bensalem, PA
 i do apologize if it was not understood that my wife is post operative RNY.

I am very concerned over my children's weight. My daughter gets compliments on how beautiful she is all the time. She's a great eater....she's asked me to buy broccoli, and eggplant. She eats it all....but sometimes too much. Last nights dinner was stuffed shells.  I ate two, but should have only had 1. My wife ate 1. My son ate 1/4 of one, she ate 3. Then wanted dessert. She was my wife's counterpoint.....telling her to eat her food, then dessert only makes her consume more. I do think, we need to not run dinner into dessert. Dessert isn't an every nite thing.  But I am starting to see a belly.

She asks for water, or white milk, since she knows it's better than chocolate milk. I want to teach her, but I don't want to give her a complex.   I just don't know how to do it. I just don't want her to suffer.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Shannon O.
on 1/10/09 1:49 pm - Reading, PA
Lore is 2.5 years old... she doesn't get anything sweet until she eats a good portion of her main meal... we fight too... but she has to learn she can't get what she wants... but we never force her to eat a whole plate full or if she says "all done"... of course if she says all done and wants a sweet... she won't get it lol... we also don't force her to eat things she doesn't like...

Now when she is sick... I will do anything to get her to eat... because she tends not to eat at all when sick...

But 95% of all sweets in this house is sugar free and low carb hehehe...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views