What was your "best friend" post op?

LisaAC
on 1/9/09 11:31 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Very best friend: SF Popsicles.  Times I couldn't handle anything else, I could manage these.

Before surgery, I bought a few of my favorite soups without rice or pasta and ran them through the blender (veg, split pea, etc) and packed them into one serving containers and froze them.  That was very helpful in the early days.

Good luck!

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
LindaScrip
on 1/10/09 10:44 am
my best friend was my determination to move on with my new life, I have to honestly say I wanted to move on with my life after the surgery because I felt my weight stopped me from doing the things I wanted to do like get a job, sit indian style, ride my horses and all of that.  Since then I have done alot. Glad I did this.
Shannon O.
on 1/10/09 2:10 pm - Reading, PA
Broth wise... I got Campbell's chicken noodle soup... give my daughter the noodles and chicken... I drank the broth... I also think this is why soup is her fave meal lol...

indidual cups of jell-o pudding... it helped once I was home to get use to just taking a few bites of something...

using baby spoons and bowls... again... to help get used to eatting tiny bites...

the Bullet- to make little protein shakes...

Unflavored protein powder... so I could make it taste like anything I wanted... and used carnation instant breakfast...

also don't stock up on stuff... because your taste buds will change... mine took a while... like a month plus... but it did...

Just play with your food... hehehe and have fun!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views