I'm in pain....boys are mean!

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/09 1:58 am
Sorry about the black eye!!  Our helmets have metal face guards...like cages....so I don't think I have to worry about that. 

There is sooo much to remember when sparring.  I really have to work on my reaction time, general speed and being lighter on my feet.  I will get it eventually, but I tend to get frustrated with myself when I don't pick up on something right away. 
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/09 9:18 am - Santa Cruz, CA
This post reminds me of the time I was learning a little karate, and a group sparring session was going on.  I was paired (at age 35) with a little tiny thing (about age 15 or 16) who looked at me so contemptuously and she was really so stuck on herself for her superior skills--until I let my private lessons accidentally (HONEST!!)  override my thinking and I suddenly had her on her knees with her arm outstretched over my left knee and my right fist poised above her straight elbow.

This was a very good lesson for me about how instinctual the moves can be, and how I need to concentrate on what I am doing, and a good lesson for her not to underestimate a fat old lady!!

Have fun!
Nicole0216
on 1/9/09 10:58 am - Lancaster, PA
TMI I am sure but after having a tummy tuck and what it does to your female region I would need a HUB CAP To get me some coverage. Well not that I would be sparring after a TT but you know what I mean.
Oh dear I am afraid I have said too much,,,,,,
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/09 11:06 am
LOL  There is no such thing as TMI around here!
ShaunainHarleysville
on 1/10/09 1:20 am - Harleysville, PA
HOLY CRAP HG,
There is NOTHING better than waking up to Topamax, decaf coffee and your No Sex in Suburbs blog!  I actually read the entire thread outloud to Jim as he installed kitchen undercabinet lighting and we both rolled with laughter.  We actually both want to come to your next sparring night with a box of tissues too, if it's allowed!
You really do make me want to take up karate.  It think it would really be empowering and fun, though a real chanllenge to my mind and body (and migrainous brain to say the least).  As for the bicycle seat cup, I think I'd go for an extra Kotex or two for starters...  Love ya HG...every bit of ya.

Shauna
Deprived?  Are you kidding?  Deprivation ended September 20th, 2005.
RNY 9/05, Plastics 9/08
Still doing it after all of these years...
Pam Hart
on 1/10/09 1:22 pm - Easton, PA
Toooo funny Shauna - I read the whole thing out loud to Brian too...he got just as much enjoyment out of it.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2678 views