Back to Basics Day 5

Liz R.
on 1/8/09 7:38 pm - Easton, PA
OK So I am full out sick now - food has lost its appeal and isn't sitting well but I am going to keep forcing things that seem to work.

B: 1/2 small whole grain bagel with lf cream cheese
S: HiLo Cereal with banana
L: chicken soup
S: fage with jam
D: protein shake maybe?
S: s/f l/f chocolate pudding made with soy milk

I am almost 2 years out.

I will be a big lazy bump on a log today, although I am at work I plan on moving as little as possible as it is taking all of my energy to hold my head up today.... lol OK I am being a bit dramatic but I felt like whining :)

How'd the week go???

Make great choices!

Liz
keri2008
on 1/8/09 8:53 pm - PA
B:  wheatena, 1 scoop Chike!, nuts and flax seed oil
S:  1 l/f cheesestick, 1/3 banana, chopped yellow pepper
L:  veggie pattie with cheese and bruschetta
D:  Greek Salad on broiled sandwich thin
S:  fudgesicles

If any one deserves to ba  lazy bump on a log today it's Liz!  You are such a little powerhouse running around all the time.  So today is your mandatory Lazy Bump Day.  Relax and enjoy it!!!
Liz R.
on 1/8/09 8:56 pm - Easton, PA
lol thanks Keri! It is just me to try and get about 5 times more done in a day then is physically possible. Should be interesting when I do have kids!! lol thanks for the mandatory Lazy Bump Day!
dit657
on 1/8/09 9:23 pm - Boothwyn, PA
OK, had a much better night last night - did have some baked chicken for dinner that went down very well...here is what I have for today...

B: Sausage & Egg Buritto
S: Banana
L: Slice plain pizza
S: Nuts
D: Leftovers - maybe chicken if I can keep it from getting dry
S: Protein shake
E: Bike - RIDE, RIDE, RIDE!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tanya72100
on 1/8/09 9:39 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Went for my B12 shot this morning.  Im about 4 1/2 months out. And I feel like dodo again!!

B: 1/2 Cup Special K 1/2 cup skim milk
S: Cheese Stick
L: Chef Salad with FF dressing on side
S: Not sure yet
D: Going to see a hockey game probably grabbing a bag of protein chips or shake.
S: Protein chips left over from dinner

Exercise: Did push ups, sit ups this morning. Not sure if i will get more in. hoping to though.

Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 9:49 pm - Easton, PA
Yup - that drained feeling is what I was fighting Wed evening and Thursday morning.  Literally all I could do to sit on the couch with my laptop there.  I just felt "weak".

On the brighter side, I am feeling much better today....and even kept down dinner last night - whoo hoo for me.

Here's the game plan:

B:  Egg and cheese 15gm
S:  Ricotta cheese 21gm
L:  Soup and crackers 15gm (I have cut up chicken that I am just gonna add to some chicken stock and noodles....)
Nap time before work
At work:
Greek yogurt 17gm
2 cheesesticks 16gm
Steak and mashed cauliflower 21gm

I am 14+ mos out

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LisaAC
on 1/8/09 11:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
So sorry to hear you're feeling so bad, Liz.  Take it very easy today; try to escape from work early and go home to bed.

I was up somewhat late and have had a protein bar so far.  I've seen just a pound loss on the scale, but I have to say my face looks thinner - less full and round than it did a few days ago.  What I have to keep telling myself all day every day is that I am making healthier choices, not dieting.  That lifelong diet thinking can creep back in very easily, even now, and it's deadly.

I'm still in pain and may just try a short walk - or however long I can comfortably manage.  I usually have a good grasp on how to manage pain - normally, I'll work the muscles even if they're achy but rest if it's that sciatic brand of pain.  But I've got pains that are new to me these last few months and I'm still not sure what to do with them!  If I could get a gd diagnosis, I could go talk to a physical therapist and get some exercise advice...grrr!!

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Liz R.
on 1/9/09 12:16 am - Easton, PA
have you tried a chiropractor? She has worked wonders for my lower back!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views