A New Development in My Journey

KimZ
on 1/8/09 1:22 pm - PA
12 months out and I should be enjoying life being smaller and healthier - but something has developed which is turning my life upside down.....excessive smelly flatulance!!  (ok you can stop laughing now..)

It started about 3 weeks ago.  At first it was funny - almost a contest with my teenage boys and their friends, but now as I have gone back to work - it is starting to interfere with my job.  I ordered the devrom and it should be here tomorrow - I'm hoping its a miracle cure....   Stay tuned  I'm sure there is more to come on this topic....

Oh and here is a little clip that is relative to the situation...

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=3536o7b&s=5

Kim Z

KimZ
on 1/8/09 1:31 pm - PA
The link doent work if you click on it from the posting - you can copy and paste into a different browser window or try this link.  I also seem to be technologically impaired tonight too...lol

Kim Z

www.tinypic.com/player.php?v=3536o7b&s=5

shoutjoy
on 1/8/09 6:40 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Unfortunately, this is quite normal.  Let me know how it goes.  No pun intended lol.  Sorry...

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

dit657
on 1/8/09 9:18 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I do tend to get gassy as well, but thankfully not smelly stuff - just a lot of rumbling and rolling in in my tummy, and lots of belching!! Guess it something we have to learn to live with - not fun, but beats the hell out of waddling around in our 'fluff'.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 9:55 pm - Easton, PA
Very very common....

And those who use devrom do swear by it.  They say it doesn't take away the gas, but makes it non smelly.  I keep saying I am going to order some....cause you're right - it interferes with work.

Good luck.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 1/8/09 10:38 pm - Levittown, PA
Kim,

Too funny....I have horrible smelling gas...I mean horrible.  One night at bowling I think they needed to fumagate the place.  I  kept toot, toot, tooting all the way up to the foul line and just prayed that no one smelled anything after I was finished.  It's really embarassing.  I think I should order that devrom for sure.  And it always seems to happen when you don't want it to.  When I'm at home I just let loose and my dad just looks at me and says, My God, was that  you??  And we both just laugh.  I think he's getting used to it :)  God help the next man I meet!!!  That's what sucks about meeting a new man...Garry could care less if I farted all day long.  It's finding that comfort all over again that is really going to suck!!!

God, I just love this kind of conversation...LMAO!!!! 

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 11:00 pm
Kim...First off the avatar looks great!  You rocked that dress on NYE!

Also I have the random gas issue but I just act like it was not me if in mixed company my family on the other hand can deal with is and it is like some badge of courage to let one kill the room. Yet my family is weird.

Hang in there and good luck.
Laureen S.
on 1/8/09 11:30 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Kim,

I've had this problem for a couple of months and I recently got my supply of Devrom, it helps with the smell, still have the gas, but sometimes I forget to take it and it seems the worst time for me is at the gym. . . I always feel sorry for whoever is around when I am working out. . . 

Good luck, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jackie j
on 1/9/09 1:56 am - Glenmoore, PA
I only get this when I eat too many carbs and fats together within a short period of time; it causes gastric distress.  I haven't advanced to Devrom yet but I do use them to punish the evil-doers in my life.....take that.     (In every fart cloud, there is a silver lining )

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

KimZ
on 1/9/09 5:33 am - PA
Increased flatulance is a normal side effect from Bariatric Surgery and whether belching or excreting the 'green clouds' - it does escape us.  In my situation - the gas became excessively smelly and down right foul very recently.

I did my homework and started getting my hands on everything and anything I could to try to figure out why after a year this would happen.  My hope had been that after the year I would turn heads when entering a room - instead - when I enter a room - heads turn away and noses are plugged.  This week at work - I overheard one of the clients in a meeting (who had no idea it was me) say,  "WOW, now that was meaty!!"

Anyway - the typical things that increase foul smelling gas are sugars, fats, carbs and people who eat more proteins seem to have less.  None of this would apply.  Also dairy can have the foul smelling gas increase - but again I have not increased my dairy intake over the past few months to warrant this change.

If you have spare time - and looking for some warped laughs - go and google 'smelly farts' or 'foul flatulence' or any combination of these words.  Some of it is just funny (or is it just my warped sense of humor??)  And Karen you are so right - how are we really supposed to date walking around dropping these bombs everywhere?

Breaking it down to simple physiology - enzymes and bacterias in the digestive track break down foods - if the breakdown doesnt happen completely - this can cause foul smelling gas.  Although I did get my Devrom shipment in this morning, I believe that if I start myself on some Acidophilus - and increase the good bacteria and enzymes in  my digestive tract to get the breakdown back to where it was - it may resolve this situation.  (Then I will only be mildly offensive again).  The Devrom is sure to help with any odor and I will let you know how it is working.

Of course there are always "Glade Plug Ups".  I am hoping I wont get kicked off the forum for linking this little vid file onto my posting - but its funny as hell and again really addresses this issue.  Be forewarned - at one point an f bomb is launched....

Kim Z

www.tinypic.com/player.php?v=n474eo&s=5

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views