Patients of the Weight Loss Clinic - Harrisburg

pitablond
on 1/8/09 3:57 am - Harrisburg, PA
I am filling out the questionnaire that you get at the first appt and it is really making me think!!  I'm trying very hard to be honest and I have finally made it to the last page. 
I have no clue how I feel my life will be affected if I lose a ton of weight aside from getting rid of health issues.  I have been fat my whole life.  Its hard to imagine being any different.    
Same with goals.  I dont even know what my personal goal weight would be at this point.  The smallest I ever remember being was 213 my senior year of high school.  It's hard for me to think about how much I want to lose the first month.  
Am I the only goofball that has issues awnsering this type of stuff? 

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

dit657
on 1/8/09 4:49 am - Boothwyn, PA
No, you're not a goofball at all and I'm not sure how they expect someone who has always been heavy to answer some of those questions right out of surgery. I'm 10 months out - down 153 lbs and I still don't know my 'goal' weight at this point.

I can say my life has changed in lots of ways - like being able to walk without gasping for breath; getting off most of my meds and that dreaded C-Pap machine; feeling more comfortable in social situations; being able to buy clothing in stores again and enjoying it - fitting into chairs anywhere I go - things like that - but everyone is different and has different experiences.

I think when Barix asked me those questions I put down that I wanted to be healthier - how much weight I thought I wanted to lose (and that has changed) - so right now you really don't know and can't answer those questions.

Don't let it freak you out right now - so many things are going to change for you that its going to be amazing - and you will adjust as the weight comes off. I think the one of the biggest challenges a lot of us face is feeling 'thin' - we continue to navigate to bigger clothing - same styles we always wore, etc, because we can't wrap our heads around the fact that we're not huge anymore. Or fluffy as some put it - LOL!

You're going to be fine - fill it out as best you can - where you don't know the answer say just that - I DON'T KNOW YET.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
pitablond
on 1/8/09 5:13 am - Harrisburg, PA
Thank you!   I just want to put "ask me AFTER the surgery!!" 

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Nicole0216
on 1/8/09 6:03 am - Lancaster, PA
Just be honest they are looking for unrealistic expectations. Sounds like yours are pretty grounded.
One of the best things i did before surgey was to make a wish list of all the things I wanted to do when I lost weight. Goals and desires. It was anywhere from travel to being able to Cross my legs. Being able to cross them off, and add news ones has been so satisfying for me. It keeps you in the game as well
pieparty
on 1/10/09 1:44 am - Milroy , PA
I felt the same way when I filled out that questionaire. I had a horrible time answering those type questions. I have been big all my life, I don't know what to expect to feel like. I just put I want to be healthier, And I want to be able to move more. But the further into this journey I get the more things I come up with. Like being able to paint my toenails with out feeling like I am being cut in half. I really think that any answer you put down will be fine, I think that they are looking to find out about your personality too, as well as the answers to their questions. Good Luck with everything.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views