Funny Names....

CherylT
on 1/7/09 11:03 pm - Perkasie, PA
The doctor who did my CAT scan --- Dr. Brilliant. Yes really.

:)

Liz R.
on 1/7/09 11:47 pm - Easton, PA
Oh he is an ass... sorry had to add in my 2 cents. He was the ER Dr the night my FIL had his stroke and told me that there was no hurry to make a diagnosis - HELLO he was having a stroke! From what I know every second counts with the meds!

Then a few months later I was in with my ulcers- he walked in the room stated "your **** is fine, go home and rest, there's nothing wrong" and walked out. I sent letters to the hospital after that one...

I digress... the name is funny! lol

Liz
Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 12:00 am - Easton, PA
First off....that is absolutely no way to talk to anyone in regards to ANY situation.  And Dr. Brilliant obviously believes he is just that....

However....playing devils advocate it depends on what kind of stroke someone is having - one requires meds, the other meds would kill them. Time is ALWAYS of the essence to determine what kind of stroke someone is having because if it is one that should get meds, they DO have to be administered within a certain amount of time.  Also....if your FIL didn't know the exact onset of symptoms (IE he woke up with them...so there's no telling when they started) then meds are out of the question regardless of what kind of stroke it is....because of the whole time sensitive from time of onset issue.

Sorry for my rambling....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 11:48 pm - Easton, PA
That's priceless!!!

At the old hospital I worked at there was a doctor named Dr. Kavarian...however..on the overhead paging system, it sounded like "Paging dr. Kavorkian..."

Thanks for the smile!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LindaScrip
on 1/7/09 11:54 pm
someone should notify the AMA and sounds like he can used better "bedside manners" I had a doctor like that who was so arrogant that I said to him Dr Lax ......the last time I looked the position of GOD was filled and she's not vacating it anytime soon and he said to me I guess you better find another cardiologist and I said to him no kidding and needless to day I did.  Being a doctor does not make them right.  There are too many awesome doctors out there to be bothered with the ones with the "GOD complex" rule #1  DON'T BE AFRAID TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH IF SOMETHING DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT NO MATTER WHAT-----IT'S YOUR BODY!  By the way AMA is the american medical association where you can complain about someone in the medical field.  And they really do look into it.
CherylT
on 1/8/09 12:57 am - Perkasie, PA
Well, damn. I hope he made the right diagnosis. Brilliant indeed.

IdaMae D.
on 1/8/09 1:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
My first Dentist when I was a toddler in Philadelphia 40+ years ago was also named Dr. Brilliant

IdaMae

dit657
on 1/8/09 3:08 am - Boothwyn, PA
My dentists' name is Dr Yankopolous but we call him Dr Yanky for short - fitting! He's a great dentist - always has a few good joke to tell you.

Worst doctor I've ever had was an old OB-GYN - went to him because I was having horrific periods - he walked into the exam room, took one look at me, said - and these are his EXACT words 'You are too fat - lose weight and you'll be fine' and turned around and walked out!! OMG I sat there stunned! He didn't examine me - he didn't question me - he didn't even stay in the room with me!! I will say I contained my tears until I got to my car and then the floodgates opened. I did report him to the hospital where he worked but doubt anything was ever done.

And trust me, I probably weighed about 250 or 275 then, not the 388 I ballooned up to - so you can only imagine what he would have said to me a year ago!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 1/8/09 11:41 am - Reading, PA
Lore's ped doc and ENT doc (they are wifew and hubby) are named: Dr. Watson... it makes Jeremy giggle...

But one of my OBGYN docs when i was pregnant with Lore looked like a fat hobbit... no funny name... but acted and looked like a fat hobbit lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views