My First Dump.....I think????

EileenWalton
on 1/8/09 2:01 am
Last night I got home late from work and was starving.  I made a small piece of tilapia along with some sweet potato fries.  I put them both into the toaster oven (not fried). While I was putting the fries in the pan, I knew I was putting too many, but sometimes I’m still stupid, especially when I’m hungry.  I sat in front of the TV and unconsciously ate, which I know better to do, but like I said…sometimes I’m still stupid. Five minutes after finishing the last fry my face started to burn up. It felt like it was swelling and my first thought was I’m having an allergic reaction.  I looked in the mirror and my face was bright red.  Then my heart started to pound out of my chest. I thought my blood pressure was spiking. But I took it and it was 116/68.  Then the nausea started. But as usual, I couldn’t throw up. Then the chills set in. I was bundled up for two hours shivering my a$$ off. Then it all ended and I was fine. I feel really stupid asking, because I’m not a newbie….I’m 15 months out.  Fortunately, I’ve never dumped during that time. I would never have thought what I ate would cause a dump, mainly because it’s my normal meal whenever I get home late from work…I’ve had it many, many times with no problems at all. Maybe I ate too much too fast??? I usually get the foamies when I do that.  But this time my reaction was much more dramatic.  Did I dump???
Eileen

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 2:15 am
You dumped!!  You ate fast, you might have eaten too much...both which will contribute.  Check the sugar content in sweet potatoes...you may have eaten just enough to send you over the edge.  It's not fun, is it?!?!  Don't worry...I still have plenty of the "stupids" in me and I am almost 2 1/2 years out. 

HG
EileenWalton
on 1/8/09 2:31 am
Nope, sure wasn't fun.  It may have been the sugar content.  I still haven't eaten sugar (other than natural).  I think I just overdid it....again!
Eileen

dit657
on 1/8/09 3:13 am - Boothwyn, PA
Oh man Eileen, I was right there with you last night - my guess would be it was the fries - I made country ribs for dinner - very moist and tender - but I ate 4 small crinkle cut fries and got so sick and miserable I ended in bed at 8:00 - mine had a lot of pain associated with it - felt like a damn heart attack - I think the fries swelled in my pouch and got 'stuck'. I'm glad yours seemed to pass quickly - not sure how long my pain lasted - I finally fell asleep and woke up at 10:00 - pain was still intense, but when I woke up at 1:00 it was finally gone. Today I'm totally washed out and just now starting to eat.

I wonder if our bodies just don't react weird sometimes...because I'm no newbie either and I know better - but I also know better than to eat fries - they've done this to me before, but of course I've gotten ****y because a lot doesn't bother me now - well, no more stinking fries for me!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 1/8/09 3:20 am

Sorry Kath....really didn't want anyone to join me in this pleasant experience.  The weird thing was I eat these fries all the time and they never bothered me before.  I think Heather was right....I ate waaaayyyy too many.

Hope you're feeling yourself soon.

Eileen

Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 5:08 am - Easton, PA
Definately sounds like dumping...I'm in agreeance with everyone else...maybe just a few two many natural sugars in the sweet potato sent you over the edge along with eating to much.

And hey - we're all stupid sometimes...I seem to remember somebody posting a few weeks back if they were the only dense one here....lol

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 1/8/09 6:09 am - Lancaster, PA
sounds like a dump to me
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 1/8/09 8:59 am
Your pouch was being prissy.  It was the dense content I think.  I had a piece of salmon pinwheel stuffed with crabmeat and the same thing happened last weekend.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

LindaScrip
on 1/9/09 12:19 am
Eileen, ya dumped and its not a good feeling but you learned by trial and error.  You know what to do and not to do.  Also if you know you'll be getting home from work late it is not a good idea to eat late try to plan your meal times and pack your meals if needed.  Its better than dumping. Been there done that.  No fun.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views