Dayquil

sbrunell
on 1/7/09 10:00 pm - Bensalem, PA
I feel like crap .  I was wondering if I am permitted to use Dayquil. I bought it last nite, took it last nite, and survived the nite to report this.  It made me feel much better, so I took it again, but figured 2 doses wasn't the end of the world.

But is it one that we are supposed to be on....It's a liquid..... 
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Liz R.
on 1/7/09 10:12 pm - Easton, PA
Its legal - active ingredient is acetaminophen which is tylenol. some people can't take the liquid because of the sugar though.
Hope you feel better soon! it's got me down too but tylenol cold is helping some.

Active Ingredients (in each 15 ml tablespoon) (Purpose)
Acetaminophen 325 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg (Cough suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg (Nasal decongestant)

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 10:20 pm - Eastern, PA
I have taken it many times with no ill effects.
CherylT
on 1/7/09 11:07 pm - Perkasie, PA
Ditto for me---taken it with no probs.

Pam Hart
on 1/7/09 11:45 pm - Easton, PA
Yup, it's safe

Nyquil is safe, too, and will probably knock you out if you have trouble sleeping.

Feel better.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 12:08 am
Pam
I noticed after surgery that while the Nyquil knocks me out it also doesn't leave me knocked out as long as prior to surgery...Did you ever notice that?
Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 7:52 am - Easton, PA
Most of the meds I have taken don't knock me out for nearly as long as they used to before surgery.

For a dental issue I had after surgery I took percocet.  Now...I'm a light weight when it comes to meds to begin with...one percocet knocked me on my ass REAL quick.  To the point where I was walking/stumbling through the house.  Where as one percocet used to take me down for at least 5, if not 8 hours, before hand...I was "sober" again within 2 or 3 hours.  But lemme tell you - those two or three hours were by far the hardest I had EVER been hit.

So, yes, I have found that.  And no, I didn't take any more percocet.  I didn't like feeling like I had no control over my body.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
sbrunell
on 1/7/09 11:48 pm - Bensalem, PA
 I stick w/ Dayquil for two reasons:
1. i'm cheap (frugal- on top of that it's the generic) ...and this way I only need one bottle- instead of Dayquil and Nyquil
2. I can't function in the morning if I take a Nyquil

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Kate_R
on 1/8/09 7:25 am - Thompsontown, PA
I took Nyquil 2 weeks before Chritmas for a cold and after 3 doses I got sick as a dog.  I could not even keep water down.  I was 2 and 1/2 months out at the time, so I looked at the ingrediants and I think th alcohol in it was what made me sick.  Once I realized I did not take any more and within a few hours I felt much better, so be careful.

Kate 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views