Back to Basics - Day 4!

Liz R.
on 1/7/09 7:43 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning everyone!

I am just about 2 years out and today - well I was running late and ran out of the house without breakfast or lunch. I just am not thinking straight with this head cold.

B: egg sandwich from Dunkin Donuts on an english muffin. Not the best choice but a better choice
S: fage with strawberry jam
L: I'll order a chef salad or some kind of a salad with meat
S: lf cheddar cheese
D: I have out ground meat but last night I ended up just having a protein shake
S: s/f l/f pudding or another protein shake

as for exercise - their won't be anything today. Just the normal running like a chicken without a head at work.

From the last few days posts sounds like everyone is doing a terrific job! I am so proud! Keep up the great work!

Liz
dit657
on 1/7/09 8:59 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning Liz - I did really good with my plan yesterday - even exercise. Unfortunately at dinner something got stuck and I was in agony for hours afterward - ended up going to bed at 8:00 (but I did get my exercise in before dinner, so that was good). I had 4 tiny crinkle french fries with my dinner and I think they swelled in my pouch - I can't think of anything else that would have caused the pain I was in.

So today I'm not sure what my plan is - right now my pouch (and system) are very tender and nothing is appetizing - I did share a piece of whole wheat toast with the dog this morning and that seemed to set okay, but for now I'm avoiding anything too heavy.

Hopefully everything will be back in good working order tomorrow,...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 1/7/09 9:01 pm - Easton, PA
ouch! Hope that you are feeling better quickly! Make sure you get your fluids in at least - that should help soothe the cranky pouch!

Best of luck!

Liz
keri2008
on 1/7/09 10:03 pm - PA
B:  wheatena, greek yogurt, 1 scoop Chike!, nuts, flax seed oil
S:  Cheese stick and yellow pepper
L:  Chicken, cheese, tomatilla sauce
S:  Ricotta, 1 scoop Chike!, nuts, flax seed oil
D:  Greek Egg Salad
S:  Fudgesicles
Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 12:05 am - Easton, PA
So most of what I 'normally' eat like dairy and proteins are not sitting well thanks to this what I believe is the stomach bug....so today will be an absolute horrible day of eating...I'm sticking with fluids...broth....and crackers/toast.  a whole lotta carbs....but hopefully I can quench this queasy feeling.

I am making steak for dinner tonight...depending on how the rest of the day goes, I may attempt a few bites of it...but right now I'm not convinced.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 1/8/09 12:06 am - Easton, PA
Hope you feel better!!
Pam Hart
on 1/8/09 12:09 am - Easton, PA
Awww...thanks :) 
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LisaAC
on 1/8/09 11:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Here, finally.  I went to the gym this morning, though am still having pain.  I wanted to see what I could do.  I could only manage 15 minutes on the treadmill and another 5 on the bike, but at least it was something.  Had some of those same weird symptoms I've had since summer...I was careful of the sciatic type pain, but the workout seemed to loosen up the joint pain.  I've been kind of off balance for a few days, so I just tried to be careful.

My hubby and I had a date tonight; we walked all around Longwood Gardens before going out to dinner, so I got more walking in and did pretty well with the pain.

Had oatmeal with skim milk for breakfast, protein drink, chef salad (mostly the meat and cheese), and filet mignon with green beans and a couple bites of rice pilaf.  Ok, I also had a few bites of a dessert that was awesome - I won't describe it here, that would be cruel - but I have no regrets...

Still not getting ALL my liquids, but did better today than yesterday.

My attitude is good.

Lisa
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views